Chapter Forty - Lilo's happy end

Start from the beginning

"I won't, I won't. It's just that you look so handsome baby, and Liam as well. I can't believe you're getting married."

"And having a baby."  I reminded her, feeling warm and fuzzy inside at the thought of the ultrasound we'd had earlier this week. 

"And a baby." she repeated whistfully, her eyes wandering over to the picture frame on Liam's desk that held the 3D ultrasound. 

"Has nanna recovered from the shock yet? You knocking up a stranger before you're even married?" Lottie joked and I chuckled along with her.

"I think I was lucky to have ruined my sweet innocent boy reputation when I became a drug addict. Is she speaking to you again already? You're as much as sinner as I am, living together with your boyfriend in London without getting married!" I replied and smiled as Lottie shrugged it off with a vague sound that meant she didn't really care. 

Fizz walked over to the desk in her beautiful floor length royal blue dress and picked up the frame. "So, you guys know if it's going to be a boy or a girl now?" she asked, biting her lip as a sign she was up to something.

"Yes. I replied truthfully as I checked my reflection for about the seventeenth time, running my hand through my hair again to see if it wouldn't be better if that one strand laid differently.

"And are you going to tell us?" 

I chuckled. "Nope. You'll just have to wait."

"Ugh, you're no fun." she sighed and put the frame back where it belonged. "Anyway, are you ready? It's about time to go."

I turned to check one last time if I looked good enough to get married and smiled at my reflection before I nodded and took a deep breath. "Yes, let's do this."

My breath hitched as I walked out and looked to my left, where Liam came out of the other bedroom, followed by his mum and Ruth. He looked more beautiful and handsome than I had ever seen him before. He wore the same dark grey pants that I had on, the same white shirt and royal blue tie, but he had opted for a waistcoat instead of a blazer, holding the same blue flower as a corsage as the one that was pinned on the left side of my chest. He smiled at me, and right in that moment I knew that he was everything I needed and more. He would soon be my husband and I couldn't ask for anything more. He stuck his hand out for me to take and took the two steps that separated us, wrapping his arms around me briefly while he pressed a small kiss on my lips.

"You look marvellous." he said softly.

"So do you. Marry me?" I replied cheekily as I winked at him.

"Meh, not sure if I can do that, I don't think my fiancé would agree." he answered, chuckling as I smacked him softly on the back of his head. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'm ever going to be. Let's go."

"Yeah, Niall will probably be worrying we won't show up by now." he joked as he pulled me towards the door.

It was only a short drive to the small church we had picked to get married in. We didn't need too many people there anyway, just us, our best friends and close relatives. Much to our surprise, Niall and Harry weren't even there yet when we arrived, and we had more than enough time to say hello to Zayn and Helen and the rest of our families that hadn't come to our flat before they arrived, Niall looking flustered and frustrated while Harry walked behind him, his usual calm self. Lily-Anne was on his hip as he ran after Niall, trying to grab his hand to calm him down. "Niall! Would you hold on and wait for a second please? You're Liam's best man, they're not gonna start without us!" he spat under his breath. He only just managed to grab Niall's hand and pull him back right before they reached us standing at the entrance. I kissed Harry first and then Niall, who was more nervous than Liam and I together, before I turned to their little girl. She'd been with them for six months now, and was pretty much used to her daddies, but still got scared easily when it came to others. She usually would be clinging to one of them for about an hour before she dared to speak or walk around whenever we met up.