| 36 |

Sera sat on the side of the hospital, holding a fistful of her hair out of frustration. how repenting could it be? causing something very harmful that affect someone she cherish?

Sera must be in a deep regret by now. how she hated seeing Wonjin hurt but she's the one who put him in that state. she must be really imbued by this.

her phone suddenly rang out of nowhere by now.

"how is he?" Serim asked across the phone.

"he's fine by now." Sera sighed. "he undergone a surgery but still unconscious."

"i have a good news!" he snickered with a loud sigh erupted from his lips. "i found mom! she's in Busan."

Sera gaped her mouth a bit, unable to speak something.

"yah Park Sera! are you in there?"

"i'm hanging up, bye." she spoke with a deep breath.

her breathe became smaller and softer. how badly she wanted to see her mom? she's being nostalgic this time yet again she has too many to think of.

she went inside the hospital, wiping her tears that she didn't notice cascading down to her cheeks. she have something in mind, something that she either way want to do but afraid of leaving someone but then again don't want to leave someone will not be able to meet her mom. and that someone was Wonjin. she can't leave him in this state, not yet without explaining anything.

Sera entered the room where Wonjin was, still breathing but unconscious. he's not yet sane. the doctor told Sera that it might take a week before he wakes up since it's not just a simple wound. the bullet went to his lungs that affect also his breathing.

she sat near him, holding his hands up to hers. although how much she hated herself for doing something like this, she can't just stop from doing it.

"i need to call your parents by tomorrow." she muttered while staring at him. " and i need to go somewhere."

she wanted to cry for saying those words in front of him. was it that easy to let go of him?

of course it's not, she was thinking by then but those thought finally came to an end. she already decided and that's leaving Wonjin alone.

it must be tough but she also wanted to see her mother who she haven't spend time with.

if only she could spend with both but there is this serious matter inside their family and she need to think of that, she need to fix that matter. whatever it might take.

she sniffled while staring once again at Wonjin, tonight will also the last day she will see him and it might be right that they gave each other a break that time. which was only her idea to be exact.

"i-i think i really love you," she chuckled. "i can't even let go by now."

as those words left her lips, giving sadness discern from her face. tears continuously cascading down to her cheeks, while holding more onto him.

what would he think when he woke up without me by his side? will he hate me for it? how heartbroken can he be by that time?

she pondered to herself. eventually, letting go of Wonjin's hand and planted a kiss on his forehead, cheeks and lastly on his lips. she doesn't want to let go but staying with him with the consequences of being a mafia made her think. Wonjin will just have a hard time, his life would be more precarious than ever if that happens.

Sera finally brought herself outside the hospital, holding her helmet and putting it on her head. was it hatred to herself by then? she hated herself for what she was doing now, for leaving without a goodbye.