chapter 8

Chapter 8

The warmth of the Jacuzzi on my skin was really relieving, it felt super good. The resort was nestled in among mountains that rose around us like the furry backs of bison. Sounds of civilization were muffled by chirring bugs and bubbling water. Everyone at the inn was fast asleep, including the concierge who was supposed to be manning the front desk.

   After a while, I went back into the room. I saw Ryan sleeping, hugging his pillow as he slept.

I walked over to him and tapped him. "Ryan?" I said

He turned feeling disturbed.

"Ryan, wake up."

"Hmm."

"Wake up."

"Stop shouting." he said. Putting his index finger on my lip

"Ryan, dude look at me. Wake up." I said.

"You're shouting." He whined like a spoilt brat.

"No, I'm not." I said, still tapping him.

"Wait I'm coming."

"No, wake up now!"

"I said I'm coming!" we were both shouting now.

"At least open your eyes, please."

 He moved the pillow away from his eyes and shut a stare at me. "What?"

"Good" I said smiling.

   I was about turning around but Ryan grabbed my hand and pulled me to him unto the bed. "You happy now!" he said. Obviously Duh!

"Dude I'm still in a swim suit."

"Who cares?"

"Uh I do." I said raising my hand.

  Ryan gave me this puppy dog look. "No and in fact I need to change so you need to get out." I said

"And what if I say no?"

"I'll just go to the bathroom then."

      He ran to the door of the bathroom and locked the door behind him, I ran after him and tried to get to the door before him but I was too late. "Ryan Quimbee, open the door this minute!" I said.

"NO!"

"Fine, I'm going out." I started to stomp my feet on the ground to make it seem like I was leaving, but I wasn't.

    After some seconds he opened the door so I quickly ran to the side and when he opened was fully opened I jumped on his back. In surprise he turned back and then he threw me to the bed and pinned me down. I laughed. "I scared you didn't I?" I asked.

"No, I just didn't see you there."

"Oh really?"

"Yep."

He leaned in to kiss me "You are crazy, you know that?" I said.

"Hey, what's that suppose to mean?"

"Never mind, you wouldn't understand."

"But I do mind."

"Forget it Ryan I'm not saying it."

"Ok fine I don't care."

"Don't say that, you'll make me feel like I have to tell you."

"Tell me what?" he took his chance but I just wasn't going to tell him.

"I'm not telling you!"

"Woah, and I'm the crazy one?"

"Ha-ha, very funny. Get out."