Chapter 26

Chapter 26

OLIVIA'S POV:

"Do you have to argue about everything?" Ryan said leaning towards me, and spoke in a low voice that made my body hum.

I ignored the flutter my heart did. "Maybe, if you didn't say you were tougher than me, I wouldn't have to argue."

Ryan and I were walking on the streets of Vegas. They were so alive and mind blowing. We left the others at Ryan's house which was not too far from where we were. To be honest we were getting along pretty well, I mean right now I have no choice. It's not every day you get to be in Vegas.

Ryan shook his head, his green eyes fixed solely on me and a secret smile appeared on his face.

"What?" I said.

"Nothing, just looking" my breath hitched.

He couldn't just do that and leave me speechless like he just did.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you staring is wrong?" I returned the smile.

He put his hands in his jacket pocket. "Well yes, but no one ever told me it was wrong to look at someone as beautiful as you are."

I could feel my face burning and for a brief second, I had this really strange thought. What if things were different? What if he wasn't a keeper or watcher or whatever and I wasn't carrying a world saving star inside me? What if we had met under normal circumstances? Would things have been different between us? Maybe. Or maybe I would have just been a silly girl with a crush that ended up with a broken heart. Ryan really did seem like the heart breaking type.

Blinking myself back to reality, my eyes landed on him. "That woman we found in the shelf, do you know her?"

His lips pursed together, into a fine line as he lost eye contact with me. Did I say something wrong?

Vibration took over me and I was startled. Hearing a ring, I put my hand in my pocket and brought out my phone. Looking at the caller ID it was Mellissa calling, and with a slide on my screen I picked it up and brought it to my ear.

"Hey, you need to get here now." Mellissa said.

"What, what happened... is anyone hurt?"

"No, she's waking up."

"Okay, we're on our way" I hung up.

Ryan had already wandered off but I spotted him besides a shoe store building. "Hey Ryan!" I hollered.

Looking up, he started to walk back towards me. "What is it?"

"We need to go back to your place." I said as I continued to walk.

With a smirk forming his lips he said "Are you sure about that?" now a wide smile has formed his lips. "Don't you want to spend time with me?"

"Oh, sure I'd love to spend more time with you, because you're Harry Styles" I said with sarcasm in my tone.

Ryan stopped walking and looked at me with a surprised look. "So you do have a thing for him!" he laughed.

"Shut up Quimbee" I said. "Mellissa called."

Smiling at me, he leaned in and whispered in my ear. "We both know you want me" he said, his lips brushing my neck giving a tingling sensation on the spot and without even noticing, I gasped. "stop fighting it"

Moving back, he laughed. Hard! That shit bag. Again he can't just do that whenever he wanted to. It's so wrong. "Stop it!"

I punched his shoulder with all the energy in me and his hand cracked. "Ow!" he said, me smiling.