Chapter 14- A Night To Forget

As much as you want to protect someone. You can't. Bad things happen, and in the end, you can't even protect yourself.

I stepped out of my car and locked the door. Another long day at school. I threw my books in my locker and turned into Collin.

"Ow," I mumbled into his muscular chest. A chuckle reverberated from him. I tried to step back but two arms encased me, keeping me close to him.

I just sighed and hugged Collin back.

After a few seconds he pulled away and handed me a warm drink. Coffee!!!

I gave him a quick kiss in appreciation before shutting my locker.

Time for class. Collin grabbed my hand and held it gently as we walked to class.

Lindella was nowhere to be found but Lucas was.

He looked horrible. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were accessorized with bags.

I waved to him and in response he lifted his chin slightly.

Ugh. I didn't like when guys did that. I'm not your "homie" or anything, m'kay?

I grimaced and took my seat, mentally preparing myself for a long day.

§§§§§•§§§§§§•§§§§§•§§§§§•§§§§§

Lunch!! Almuerzo!! Bæ!! The real MVP!! My favourite period of the day...

I closed my locker for the fifth time that day and made my way to the lunch room.

Cynthia had asked the chef to make shrimp alfredo. My absolute favourite.

I entered the cafeteria and walked past the football players. As if they were getting some of this. The guy who offered me his lap to sit on winked and I just grimaced before "politely" sticking my finger down my throat.

I walked over to an abandoned table near the window before plopping down and opening my designer lunch bag. Waste of money, but totally worth it.

I looked up with a mouth full of noodles when the clickitey clack of the heels of an evil hack stopped at my table.

What? Hungry Christopher isn't good with these on the spot things.

"Well well well-" Stephanie started.

"If it isn't the little he-devil in the flesh." I sneered.

She rolled her eyes "Don't you mean she-devil?"

I smirked. "Finally coming to terms with your true self? I meant what I said, hag."

She growled and me. Like literally growled. News flash. This isn't teen wolf, girla.

I opened my mouth again when Collin stepped in.

"Hey babe." He kissed my cheek before turning to Stephanie.

"Poof begone, your breath is too strong. I'm not trying to be mean but you need some listerine."

I gaped at Collin before cracking up, watching Stephanie fume and stomp away.

"Where did you hear that??" Tears were still rolling down my eyes.

"My mom said that to my dad before they got divorced." He laughed with me. But there was pain behind his eyes.

I shrugged if off for now. I just lost Lindella, I didn't need to lose him.

He glanced down at my pasta.