Chapter 4- Bring it on

Lindella and I raced towards the gym once the bell rang. We pushed our way through the crowd of desperate girls and when we got close enough to the roster, My eyes flew immediately to the position of setter. A smile started to pull a my confident lips.

The new setter for the New Cherrings High School volleyball team was... duh duhn nuh nuh!! A fanfare had already started to play in my head as I practiced my acceptance speech.

Stephanie Black?!

I could practically hear the record scratch as I looked, confused, and rubbed my eyes. My smile immediately fell from my face and was replaced with a frown.

I was the best girl out there!! I found my name under right side hitter. Oh whoopdie doo! I get put on the team as the hitter that no one but me can set to. I shot Lindella a look and she quickly returned it of one filled with pity, and maybe a glimpse of 'I knew this would happen'.

I stormed out of the gym and into Coach Mitchell's office. No one said 'no' to Christopher Wellings. Or in this case, drafted someone else as setter.

Without bothering to knock, I stormed in confronted her.

"Coach!" She looked up from her book, a smile full of pity tugging at her lips.

"Yes Christopher?" I scowled at her.

"Care to explain why I'm not the setter." I crossed my arms hoping to intimidate her. It didn't work or if it did, she didn't show any signs of being intimidated.

"Care to explain why you think you can just barge into my office." She glared at me, but I didn't back down.

"We both know that I'm the best setter you've got. And how do you expect me to spike when you know Stephanie can't back set?!" All I wanted to know was why.

"Wellings, we will talk about this later." Coach dismissed the topic, but I wasn't done yet.

"No. Tell me why."

"Wellings..." I ignored the threat.

"Coach Mitchell..." I replied in the same tone.

"We will not discuss this now." Her tone held finality.

"Fine. You don't want to talk about it. Then I quit." I turned on my heel and stalked out. Stupid volleyball team. Stupid Coach Mitchell. Stupid Stephanie Black.

No one defies Christopher Wellings. I hurried off towards the courtyard, my thoughts whirled around in my head as I balled my fists together and walked briskly down the hall.

How could I not be setter? A right side hitter?! Stephanie can't even set right side!! I kept walking towards the courtyard. Well they'll miss me. I was their best shot at winni- I collided with a wall and grimaced. Tingles erupted through my body and the electricity was back in the air. I stumbled backwards and braced myself before I hit the ground.