Chapter 22-The End

Chapter 22-The End

Dark. All I could see was darkness. I'm not even sure if I was actually seeing. My eyes seemed to be closed. They felt heavy; as if I had mini weights attached to my eyelashes, which is stupid because I would never ruin my million dollar lashes.

I stopped trying to lift my unmoving eyelids and tuned into my other senses. People were whispering, their tones tainted with a thick kind of sadness that I could not identify. Where I was, smelled of disinfectant and not the pungent, stale air I had grown accustomed to in Steven's cells. I recognized the smell from all of my previous encounters when I partied a little too hard. I was in a hospital.

The next thing I noticed was that both of my cold hands were being warmed by others. One hand was small and smooth, the other: large and rough.

Tingles ran up my arm and down my spine. Why was this sensation so familiar?

The sounds of a machine spewed out faster.
I managed to crack my eyes into slits as bright light flooded into my sight. Slowly, they fluttered open. I was in a hospital. I looked to my right and saw Dasia clutch my hand with amazement in her eyes. Dasia. I suddenly regretted all of those years I was mean to her.

"I'll go get the doctors," she said as she swiftly placed a kiss on my forehead and gave my hand a squeeze. 

My other hand was still occupied. I slowly moved my adjusting eyes up the arm of the man and eventually landed on his own pair of black eyes. He was beautiful. What did I do in my past life to deserve this treat? His eyes were glassy and his hair was ruffled as if he had been constantly pulling at it. His eyes were accessorized with bags. This boy had bigger bags that anything I owned in my purse closet...

The stranger still hadn't said anything. We just stared at each other. Any sensations I had felt before, doubled in intensity.

Who was this man?

I started to panic as he leaned in. Two lips covered mine as I fought against my intruder.

"Help! Help! Somebody help me!" I managed to shout, although it was muffled. The heart monitor rose to an alarming rate as I struggled.

"Dude get off of me!" I pushed and struggled until he got the hint and pulled back, confused.

"Chris?" Even his voice was beautiful.
It's Christopher to you, meatball. Granted, not my best comeback but give a girl a break.

His eyebrows were drawn together as he stepped back. The look on his face broke me for some reason.

"You don't know who I am." It didn't come out as a question.

I slowly shook my head as I racked my brain for any sign of recognition. Nothing. I wanted to erase that look off his face. I didn't know why because I didn't know him.

A doctor came in and smiled, then frowned when he noticed the heartbroken look on Collin's face.

I opened my mouth to speak to the doc- wait.

"Collin?"

His eyes snapped to me in disbelief.

"You remember?" His lips turned up into a smile.

His beautiful lips. I wanted to feel them against me again. I laughed at my habit of pushing him away only to pull him back again.
"Come here, you tunaball." I pulled Collin down to me. I ignored the increasing beeps from the heart monitor. I ignored the doctor's confused glance as he mouthed the word "tunaball?"

I ignored everything as his lips neared mine. 5 cm, 3 cm, 1/2 cm.

Then they touched, and it was magical.

I melted against Collin's mouth as we kissed in frustration, passion, and desperation. Our emotions danced with each other as my stomach somersaulted.

"Chris?" I hummed in response as he kissed down my neck, leaving fire wherever his lips touched. I hummed in response again when he didn't respond.

"Promise me something." His eyelashes kissed his cheeks as he breathed heavily.

"Anything." I whispered as I curled my fingers in the silky hair at the nape of his neck.

"Don't scare me like that again."  His black eyes met mine, and it smoldered my soul.

I chuckled, nodding, before placing a soft kiss on his nose. "What can I say? I'm a bit of a wildcard."

Collin groaned. "You can say that again."

"What can I say? I'm a bit of a wildcard."

----------------------

Dasia had left for school the next morning, reluctantly, waving a sad goodbye to Collin and I. We were both on the hospital bed, his arms around me.

"Collin? What happened?" I had been curious since I woke up, but I didn't want to spoil such a happy moment.

There was a sigh and then he spoke.

"You were in a coma, Chris."
A coma?

"When Steven fired the gun, I tackled him at the same time, which made it graze your skull. Your body shut down after that." Collin spoke carefully; choosing his words.

Collin saved my life. Granted, it was partially his fault, but still.
"How long was I out for?"
He held up three fingers.
"Days?" His shoulders slumped.
"Months, Chris. 3 months, 4 days, and 21 hours." He grimaced and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm so sorry Christopher, " he spoke after awhile.
I shook my head and traced the veins in his right arm.
"I'm not angry with you."

"I'm angry with myself. I almost lost you. I can't... I can't even begin to imagine..." Collin stumbled on his words so I cut him off with a kiss.
"Can I ask you something?"
Kiss.
"Mhmhmm."
Kiss kiss.

"What was running through your mind?" He was referring to when Steven had held me at gunpoint.
"Goodbye cruel world. Goodbye period pains. Wow, life is great."
Collin smirked then gave me a look. "Seriously."

I sighed. "If you must know... I was thinking, if I die now, if this is the way I go, I'm glad the last thing I see are your eyes."
There was silence before Collin cracked a smile. "Really?" He puffed his chest out, arrogantly. I smiled and rolled my eyes.
"Shut up."
"Yes ma'am."

"Oh and for the record, hitting my head on the corner of my table hurt way more than a bullet to the head."

IT IS DONE MY LOVELIES! I MIGHT DO AN EPILOGUE BUT I KINDA LIKE HOW I ENDED IT.

Thanks for sticking with me through this VERY bumpy ride.

😘😘