Chapter 21- Blue's Clues is a Kid Show

I woke up in the same place as last time. Cold, dirty walls greeted me as I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I ate the stale breakfast they provided and couldn't help but feel as if today would be different. I didn't want to get my hopes up considering that it had almost been a month since I was captured, and the worst part was that my parents probably didn't even know. I cringed inwardly and let the feeling of rage course through me.

I recalled last nights events and didn't dare look at my hand. Instead, I focused on the brief conversation I had with Lindella about why she was in the gang. On the night of the crash, the car they crashed into was apart of Collin's gang. She told me that they offered her life in the gang or death. She also told me about Ms. Chefferton was in the gang but I was less concerned about her.

There was a clang from above and some movement but eventually it died down. The rusty squeal of the cell door sounded as a shadowy figure stepped in. Clementines.

"Hey Chris."

I didn't know if I should forgive her or not so I remained silent. I heard a sigh come from her direction as she stepped into the light.

Her curly hair hung on her shoulders, still wet from a recent shower. Her usually bright brown eyes had dullen significantly, but a spark was still there.

"Look, I'm really so-" there was another clang from overhead followed by shouting. This time it didn't die down.

Lindella looked up in anticipation.

"Code 9! Code 3! Code 2!" Lindella's face visibly fell at the voice of the man.

"What's that?" My question fell on deaf ears as she started to pale.

"Lindella!" I yelled her name in hope of breaking her out of her trance.

"Police. Rival gang..." She looked down and grimaced.
That was only two.
"What does the last one mean?"

She shook her head as she held back the tears.

"Lindella. What does it mean?"

She took a deep breath before meeting my eyes with an apologetic gaze. "Collin's here."

I didn't have time to process my thoughts because my cell was viciously ripped open again.

Someone should seriously oil those hinges.

"Get her up!" Steven Black barked an order to his henchman who roughly grabbed my arm.

"Ow! Get off me you rotten pineapple." I scowled at my offender and tried to yank my arm out of his vice like grip.

Okay so maybe that wasn't working.

I felt myself being helplessly dragged up into the well lit room.

My eyes burned like coal in a fire.

I hissed and shrunk away as I was carried to Steven Black, himself, on a platform.

"Are you enjoying-"

"No."

"You didn't let me-"

"No."

Chri-"

"No."

I watched in silent amusement as Blue's Clues got upset.

"Aww is little Blue's Clues getting irritated?" I said just to spite him.

Granted, it was probably not my smartest idea but when have I ever been filled with smart ideas.