Chapter 8- So Much For This Weekend

A/N: OMG so last time, my goals were met!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Be active for a dedication!!!!!!! race you to the end of the chapter?

Chapter 8- So Much For This Weekend

The rest of the week was awkward and tense. Collin was clearly avoiding me, an we made absolutely no progress on the project. We still had a week to complete it, but we also still had a lot to do. The worst part about all of this was that I completely blamed myself for his distance from me. If I hadn’t been so nosey, we would still be talking and the project would be on Mr. Rudolf’s desk by now.

I sighed for the fifth time that day as I walked into Ms. Chefferton’s class, already eager for the day to be over. I pushed past the crowd of girls surrounding Collin’s desk an plopped down at my own. I could feel my hair swish around in its ponytail as I turned to face Lindella.

Surprisingly, her desk was empty, but I could tell that she had been there recently because the area still smelt like clementines. Where was she? I shrugged and turned my attention back to the small and slightly wrinkled teacher in the front of the class.

15 minutes into class, I was bored out of my mind. I pulled at the hem of my old middle school sweatshirt and scribbled down the names of random foods to keep myself occupied.

Shrimp Fettucini. Hawaiian Pizza. Chicago Style Deep Dish. Butter Popcorn. Tuna Balls.

Tuna Balls.

I sighed.

Another 15 minutes passed by an I was still bored. No surprise there. I tried to tune into Ms. Chefferton’s lengthy lecture about The Globe Theatre. I tried to take notes but couldn’t concentrate. I knew that if I didn’t start taking notes, I would eventually fail the class.

Another five minutes passed before it happened.

“Psst.”

I glanced up at the sound, curious if Ms. Chefferton heard it. She didn’t. Deaf bat. I sighed an went back to my food list. Tuna balls. Overcooked Steak. Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes. Cinnamon Bu-

“Psst.”  This person was getting on my nerves.

“Psst.” Pumpkin Pie. Red Velvet Cupcake.

“Psssst!!!” I groaned out loud. SOMEONE SHUT THEM UP!!!

“Christopher?” I looked up at Ms. Chefferton.

“What?” I’m not going to lie, I felt a little bad about my tone but that ‘Psst Psst’ person was getting on my last nerves.

“Please watch your tone.” She sounded surprised. Surprise Surprise!! Christopher Wellings is no goodie goodie. I rolled my eyes.

“Anyway, Christopher, can you keep the groaning down to a minimum? Shakespeare may not be entertaining to you, but it will be on your final exam.” She turned back around and I groaned again, even louder than normal to prove a point. A few chuckles erupted around the room and Ms. Chefferton threw a glare at me.