Chapter 93: Nux Walpurgis

She will turn all of fate's misfortune to nothing.

She will flood the earth with magic,
and take all of humankind into her play.

A moving stage construction.

If everything is a play, no unhappy things will exist.

It may be a tragedy, but it'll all be part of the script.

The play stops on Walpurgisnacht,
and the earth does not turn even once more.

The story will not change.

Tomorrow, and the day after, is the night of Walpurgis.

-From the Puella Magi Production Note

At the start, they were winning.

The battle was going great, so far. Magical Girls and Boys flanked every side, deflected familiars the best they could, while the heroes, equipped with Magi Weapons, proceeded to the witch herself while trying not to get hit by her attacks.

They don't really have to try that hard to dodge, though; Henri's shields protected all of them from the witch's attacks, so they're pretty much free to move since the shields follow them.

Thank goodness for his protection magic.

Chiyo held her own surprisingly well with her glaive, too, and when Henri went near her to bust out a couple more familiars, it was clear that he was really proud of her. "You're doing really well, Chiyo-san!"

"T-thank you, Henri-kun...", Chiyo blushed, purple hair falling over her face and blue eyes looking down.

Suddenly, a blonde girl dropped next to the brunette and smiled at him. "Come on, I think Midnight and Mount Lady needs help, and the others are too busy to assist right now."

"Thanks for telling me, Adette. On my way", Henri gave Chiyo another friendly smile, before taking off.

The blonde girl, Adette, met eyes with her. They ended up in a glaring contest, until Nagisa sailed overhead, yelling. "Guys, fight the real enemy, not each other!"

Sighing, Adette turned back and gave a challenging glare to Chiyo again, before running after him.

Chiyo scoffed, eye twitching as she started destroying familiars more violently. The nerve...

Still, it was going great. Nobody was dying yet.

Heroes and villains alike stood back to back while they followed the Magi and made a collective effort to drive Walpurgisnatcht back.

Aina and Hirotaka stood back to back, the former slashing her swords against the procession of familiars, and the latter shooting his guns directly at the witch herself.

"You know, sometimes I may complain about our lifestyle", Hirotaka brought out, Coal Black eyes eyeing Aina with his side-swept red hair flowing by the wind. "But honestly? Shooting guns is fun."

With that, he proceeded to shoot Walpurgisnatcht again, this time making gun noises with the fired bullets. "Pew-pew! Pew-pew!"

Aina blinked. "Are...you making gun noises?"