Chapter 1: This Is Me

ACT 1

Izuku was...doing better. In his opinion, at least.

Sure, being blind and deaf sucked. He couldn't see his mother's face anymore and he couldn't hear her, too.

He still has his sense of touch, though.

He will have to use what he could. Life goes on, after all.

That's why he developed and heightened his ability to sense and feel. He could now sense threats coming or if he's about to collide to a wall or what.

Of course, it took a while, but he got the hang of it.

Mom used a pen to write what she's going to say on his arm to communicate. He could understand just by judging the kanji and often tend to reply back with his own voice.

Inko was very proud of him for making use of everything. For not letting his disabilities drag him down.

However, once the school found out that he was now blind, deaf and his father died, the bullying worsened.

The students didn't bother taunting him anymore. Instead, they all drove him to a corner and beat him up everyday.

Their main goal was to make Izuku's life as miserable as possible. Especially Bakugou, who would burn his limbs and ruin his clothes every chance he got and laugh at him.

To make things worse, the teachers just stood there. They didn't say anything and let them torment him.

It was terrible.

But that didn't let Izuku drag him down. Instead, he worked harder to get his head above the water.

Suddenly, things turned for the better when he met Henri Hikari and Nagisa Shiota.

He met Henri when he was 7. Henri was the same age as him with a sweet, humble and understanding personality with a bit of sass, steel and spice hidden beneath.

Henri had warm Emerald Green eyes, Auburn Brown hair and a semi-feminine figure. People instantly became comforted once his presence entered the room.

That's just his aura, though. His quirk is different.

His quirk is a source quirk called Gaea's Heart. He can control plants and the earth itself. On top of that, he could talk to animals and could easily befriend them because of his personality.

Henri was half German, by the way. His mother was German, while his father was the head of the company in charge of producing hero costumes and equipment.

Yes, he was rich. But was he happy?

Not so much.

Sure, his mother loved him to bits, but his dad only sees him as a tool because of his talent and wit capable to produce the best weapons in all of Japan.

Not only that, but his cousin, Asayama Sonosuke, humiliated him everyday and made him look like dirt so that he would be the one to inherit the company instead of him.

Henri doesn't care about the company. Sonosuke can have it. He wants to be a hero himself.

However, his darned cousin beat the fact to him everyday that he's better being home stay husband than a hero because he's just that useless.

Other kids started to join him on it, too. Gradually, Henri believed them and stopped using his quirk.

He sighed. Currently, he was waiting at the bridge for a friend (or at least, someone who he consider as one...he still torments him, though) to come so they could go at the nearest ice cream store. Many people pass him by as he waited.