Chapter 42: Guns and Ships

Shouto, in his hero costume, dodged as a flying monstrousity swooped in and ran. What's happening!?

By chance, he bumped into Mami, who was in the middle of shooting the monsters with her muskets. They tumbled and rolled down the road, where they fell right at Ochako's feet.

The brown-haired girl, still in her Magical Girl form, jumped in surprise as the two of them groaned and tried to stand up. "Shouto! Hermea! What are you guys doing here?"

"We should say the same to you, dear", Mami attempted to fix her curls. "You should be in the middle of a witch hunt, right?"

"Yeah, but I got separated from Henri the moment the monsters arrived", Ochako sweatdropped and scratched the back of her head. "Said he'll get Madoka and the other heroes while I round everyone to help."

Mami nodded. "Good stategy."

Suddenly, Izuku and Nagisa came in with an old hero, along with Denki and Eijirou. They were all in their respective hero outfits. "We came as soon as we could!"

"Oh, good", Ochako beamed. "Let's help the civilians evacuate."

"Wait", Gran Torino interjected. "Aren't you guys not allowed to do that?"

"Well, I don't think there's a rule that we couldn't escort the civilians to safety", Izuku rubbed a finger on his cheek sheepishly. "We just won't use our quirks."

"Magic will do fine", Mami smiled as she gave a wave to Gran Torino and turned to Ochako. "You Magi should all stick together though. And try not to get your soul gem shattered, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am", Ochako nodded.

"Umm...Hermea?", Nagisa called. Mami turned to him in curiousity as he continued. "I...I'm a Magi, too, now..."

Mami dropped her musket in shock. "What? You--...you made a wish?"

"Y-yes, ma'am."

The blonde sighed. "Well, I guess that can't be helped."

"What's wrong with Nagisa making the wish?", Izuku raised an eyebrow.

"Explanations later", Homura suddenly appeared beside Denki, flipping her hair and glaring at them all. The teen fell to the floor in shock. "For now, let's move it!"

They all exchanged looks and split up. Mami and Gran Torino went with Homura, while the teens grouped together.

"Oh, and that reminds me", Ochako piped up and turned to Nagisa. "Henri wanted to give you a message."

Then, she points to her face, which is now completely emotionless.

"The neutral face of displeasure", Nagisa sighed in defeat. "I never should have said those things."

Izuku sweatdropped.

They simultaneously dodged a monster coming their way and started to run.

"You guys, get the attention of the people there!", Shouto ordered Denki and Eijirou pointed to the direction of houses burning. Then, he turned to Ochako, Nagisa and Izuku. "The remaining people; let's find Henri and help him gather more heroes!"

They all nodded and further split into their respective groups. As they ran, Shouto gave Nagisa a confused look. "Also, what did you even say to him?"

Nagisa flashed an awkward smile and shot back. "Where's your dad, too? Aren't you interning for him?"

"Wait a minute!", Izuku panted. "Do we even know where we're going?!"

"We passed by All Might and Madoka-san conversing in the street we're heading to while Henri and I were on our witch hunt!", Ochako told him hurriedly. "Chances are Madoka-san's explaining the whole Witch-Magi concept we learned a while ago!"