Chapter 26: The Battle Tournaments (Part 2)

"Battle start!"

No sooner did Present Mic announced those words, Izuku knew he was doomed.

Momo immediately leaped at him, wielding a staff that she pulled out from her quirk. Out of instinct, he dodged and forcefully slid across the room, avoiding her.

She pulled out a paint gun and started shooting him black and blue without even giving him time to breathe.

"Woah!", Present Mic screamed. "Are you all seeing what I'm seeing!?"

"Could someone please make him shut up?", Crystalline grumbled.

"Oh, come on! Don't be such a wet blanket!", Notebook drawled. Cinnabar nodded along.

"You guys are being stupid."

"Well, you're with us, so you're just as stupid as we are!"

Cinnabar barked in agreement.

"I hate you guys", Crystalline pouted with a small blush on her face.

"Momo, wait!", Izuku tried to call out. He got forced to back off when the paintballs started to hit him in the chest and was getting closer and closer to the boundary line without even realizing it.

"Izu!", Henri worriedly gasped.

"Deku!", Ochako called.

The greenette turned and noticed his predicament. Oh no...

He started to fire off Full Cowl by 10% in his legs and immediately ran at full speed in the other direction.

Momo got caught off guard, to say the least. She frantically tried to follow Izuku as he ran around the arena, but it was starting to make her dizzy from how fast it was going.

Izuku felt like he was going to be sick, too. I have to stop this now, or else I'll run off the boundary line without even realizing it.

He looked at Momo cautiously as he continued to run. I need to time this right, though, so as to prevent her from attacking me again...

He forcefully stopped after a few rounds directly behind her. He flicked his finger. "One For All; Full Cowl!"

Momo turned--

A strong gust of wind knocked her off her feet and started to fly her away. With a cry, she pulled an iron-tipped spear using her quirk and stabbed the ground with it, forcefully keeping her in place.

"Woah!", Tooru blinked. "She took Nagisa's advice!"

"Wait, so she really did study the composition of weapons?", Mina smirked, impressed. "Awesome."

"You're not asking her to make weapons for you", Tenya reminded. "It's against the rules!"

"Come on, Mr. Class President! Don't be such a party pooper!"

The breeze went by. She faceplanted onto the ground while still gripping the spear. "Augh--!"

Izuku was quick to move. Just when she was getting up, the greenette was suddenly in front of her in a flash.

Without even giving her time to react, Izuku immediately gave her a roundhouse kick to the stomach using Full Cowl in his left leg.

Momo was forcefully blown back by the wind pressure, flown across the battleground and painfully bodyslammed on her back outside the boundary line. The creation quirk user groaned.

"Oh my god!", Izuku freaked out and rushed to her side. "Momo, are you okay?!"

"That was interesting, isn't it?", Midnight cracked her whip out of glee. "Momo Yaoyorozou is out of bounds! Izuku Midoriya advances to the next round!"