Chapter 43: I Dreamed A Dream

Izuku was tired.

He was sore, numb, very lightheaded and tired. He was aware of his friends, his loved ones, and the whole world crying out to him as he laid there.

At his chest, was a single egg-shaped darkened Garnet Green soul gem, emitting Dark Green lightning around him. He wanted to take it off his chest, but...

He couldn't move. Not only was he numb, but he was literally paralyzed.

Well, this is it, he thought. Except, it's not his. Rather, someone that sounded like him had said in his head. He didn't know how that made sense, and he decided not to question it, too. I'm going to become a witch.

Ochako's face had blurred into view as she slid to his line of sight. She cupped her hands into his left hand and tearfully whispered. "Deku...you're going to be fine."

He really doubted that.

She had tears streaming down her face, but she continued to speak. "I'm s-sorry, Deku. It's all my fault..."

"No, it's not...", he managed to speak out. "It was my choice..."

She was full on crying now. "Deku, I-I wanted you to know, that...that I--"

Whatever she was going to say next was drowned out by a wave of pain coursing through his body. She gasped out and frantically searched for a grief seed.

But by then, it was too late. His soul gem had burned into a grief seed, which shot up into the sky and formed black tendrils, arms, and a huge eye peeking out--

Izuku woke up in cold sweat, looking around to see that he was still in his bed on the room with Nagisa and Henri. The latter two were still comfortably sleeping.

They were still at Gran Torino's apartment.

Yet that dream...

It felt so real.

The greenette frantically ran a hand through his hair. What did it mean...?

😯

The rest of the Internships went by without any more problems.

Sure enough, all the people that were about to kill the teens didn't even remember what had happened, similar to the side effects of being affected by a Witch's Kiss. Wasn't that strange?

The heroes and teens also agreed not to mention anything about the voice that urged the mob in the first place, so that's that. The heroes also decided to keep the whole incident with the spider girl to themselves, too.

At least, until they actually understand what the hell is going on here.

All of their classmates who weren't there were relieved to hear that they were okay, after Izuku explained what the situation had been.

For the rest of the week, Izuku had learned how to use Full Cowl to his full potential, and could even chase down Gran Torino and take him down while the hero was running around.

As for Henri and Nagisa, their friendship was pretty much mended again, much to the greenette's relief. The brunette continued to learn how to both use his quirk and magic at the same time, while helping Nagisa do the same.