The Unknown Dear Friend

Kira frowns, looking down at her phone. Stiles had just called her to ask about a new teacher, she hadn't heard of her, though apparently her dad knew her somehow?

She walked into the Kitchen where her father was putting away the dishes, whistling a tune to himself, without a care in the world.

Kira hoped that the teacher was telling the truth of this would be pretty awkward.

"Dad, can I ask you something?"

He looked at her confused, a little caution in his gaze as she never asked before and she did look a little worried. However he still tried to give her a light hearted teasing smile as he said "You know you don't have to ask, to ask me a question, right?"

Kira reddened a little, embarrassed but she shook her head, this wasn't the time for that.

"No, yes, I mean Dad, do you know someone called Kim? She's a teacher at the school, she said she knew you?"

At the mention of her name, her father seemed to pale slightly, he straightened and smiled at his daughter, though in Kira's opinion her father's smile looked a little strained however he said lightly "Ah yes, she's a very good and old friend of mine. I didn't actually realise she'd moved here until I bumped into her on her first day, its a small world"

"And she can be trusted right? She helped Stiles out today, she told him she knows about us" Kira said warily.

Her father looked a little sheepish as he said "Ah I may have told her about that" Before Kira could protest he said, raising his hands in a calm down gesture "She's a very dear friend to me, I couldn't keep keep the supernatural a secret from her" He added, giving Kira a serious look "I do trust her, you can too"

Kira let out a relieved sigh, relaxing a little. They didn't need anything else coming up.

"That's great, I'll tell Stiles he doesn't need to worry" She said, despite the odd behavior from her father, she trusted him, why wouldn't she? So if she said this lady was trustworthy then she believed him.

She gave him a smile, letting him know with a look at how relieved she was and walked upstairs to her room as she decides to call Stiles.

"Stiles, I've just talked to him, don't worry, she is my father's friend, you can trust her."

"Are you sure?" Stiles tone still wary.

"I'm sure...Stiles, are you alright?"

She knew he wouldn't like it but he did nearly slip in his control and the full moon... She could practically feel the way Stiles guard went up and his voice was just as tight "I'm fine"

"I-"

"I'm fine, Kira" Stiles snapped.

She didn't say anything, not feeling hurt, knowing he definitly was not fine but decided this wasn't the time to push him.

Just as she thought he would, his next words were regretful.

"I'm sorry, everyone just keeps asking and asking and..." He trailed off unable to describe his thoughts into words.

"The full moon is in two days Stiles, I may not understand what you're going through but you know that I'll always support you, right?" She said softly.

She couldn't see him but she could basically hear the smile in his tone as he said "I know, Thank you Kira"

What Kira however didn't notice was two things...

One as soon as Kira left the Kitchen, her father's smile vanished and he looked troubled and a little bit of guilt showed in his eyes.

Two, when she had talked with her father they hadn't been alone, someone else had been listening to their conversation.

Kira's mother walked into the Kitchen, arms crossed and her eyes narrowing on her husband.

"Kim huh?"

Her father startled, almost dropping the plates he was holding, however he put them down nervously and opened his mouth to say something but she cut him off.

"Explain to me, why you haven't told me about her before and why you would tell someone I don't know our secret, without running it by me first?!"