Into My Mind: Part One

"Choose"

"Choose"

The pain worsened inside his head and he barely heard his name being called worriedly by the pack around him.

Then a voice struck through his pain and it felt like it was drawing something else out inside him.

"Stiles!"

His eyes shot open to stare into Kyles silver ones. He realised that he was low on the ground so his giant body was low enough for him to look up at Kyle, he curled up in pain, he hadn't even realised he was in that position.

"W-what's happening to me!" Stiles growled out, the pain still throbbing in his head and now his entire body.

"It's the wolf and the fox fighting isn't it? You're still a were-fox Stiles" Kyle said, looking grim and he slowly added taking into account the pain Stiles was in and the amount of time Stiles must have been suffering with it, the fox and the wolf could only fight for so long "I think it's time-"

But Stiles didn't hear the end of that sentence because at that point the pain increased so much that his vision swam and faded into darkness.

"Time for you to choose"

But that wasn't Kyles voice.

It was his own.

He wasn't in the basement any longer but in a large empty white room, a silver fox sat in front of him with calculating silver eyes and next to it, a larger grey wolf with bright cold blue eyes.

Stiles blinked and instead of the two different animals, more humanoid versions of himself before he had transformed into a mutated werewolf, stood before him.

They wore the same dark simple clothes.

It was strange looking down at more human looking versions of himself. It reminded him at how large his current self was, of course he knew he was a lot taller and larger in every way but it was still jarring to have what he used to look like right in front of him.

He said human looking and humanoid because he knew these versions of him weren't human, they both held tightly coiled supernatural power in their bodies that he could feel.

One of them shared his bright blue eyes, while the other held bright silver eyes.

The one with silver eyes spoke up as he said seriously "You have to choose Stiles"

Stiles let out a bitter laugh before he growled "So you both are the bastards that have been causing me so much grief"

The pain he had been experiencing was completely gone but he knew why.

"I'm in my own mind aren't I?" He grumbled, they didn't respond, just staring at him, watching him, waiting.

"Well, let's get this over with" Stiles said coldly and he snapped at both of them "Are you going to tell me how I pick or what?"

"You just need to touch one of us and accept us and we will become one with you" The werewolf Stiles said, his voice was a little deeper and gruffer than the fox Stiles, who's voice was smoother and sounded like silk.

To Stiles the choice was obvious.

The fox Stiles felt foreign to him, while he knew it hadn't been that long when the he knew he would have related more to his Fox side but it felt like years.

He was large enough and they were close enough that he didn't have to more towards them, all he needed to do bend down and  reach out.

He started to reach out and the wolf Stiles smiled but just before he made skin on skin contact, something stopped him.

It was simple, only a few words but it stopped him in his tracks.

The Fox Stiles nodded as if he understood Stiles choice but still, his words were swift and cutting "If that's what you really want..."

The Wolf, Stiles just decided to call them Wolf and Fox as that felt less stranger than Fox Stiles or Wolf Stiles,  scowled and said suddenly sounding less impartial and more personal than before, actually sounding annoyed as he said "His made his choice! Don't interfere!"

"He hasn't yet made his choice, isn't that right? Stiles?"

Stiles instincts were telling him not to do it but something else was pushing him forward as he slowly withdrew his hand and turned his attention to the fox.

"What do you mean? You think you know what I really want?" Stiles said, feeling a little defensive..

"Of course I do, we are you" The Fox said in a tone that implied Stiles was being a bit thick.

"He wants me" The Wolf growled, his cold blue eyes staring at the fox who rolled his eyes as he replied back "You're good at lying to your self aren't you?"

Stiles eyes narrowed on the Fox as he growled "You both claim to be me yet you're both telling me different things, why would I trust you?"

"Can you really trust an artificial instinct better? I may be a fox but at least I'm a part of your true supernatural nature, can the wolf say the same?" The Fox Stiles hummed, a light smile spreading on his lips.

The wolf said nothing, it's jaw twitching in frustration but seeming unable to think up a response.

"What are you talking about! He is part of my true supernatural side, as our you!" Stiles retorted but inside he started to have doubts, why wasn't his wolf side saying anything in defence?

"So his current influence over you is completely natural then?" The Fox said, amusement floating in his eyes. 

Then it hit Stiles what the fox side of him was trying to say, his wolf side had gained the most influence due to that whistle, it...hadn't been natural or his own choice and now...

He was finally being given that choice.

"Stiles" The Fox's voice was gentler as he spoke, his eyes softer "Out of the two sides I was meant to be the weakest influence, the weaker instinct. I was always fighting for my life"

Stiles remembered images of his dreams, yes it has always been the fox losing, the fox getting attacked. 

The fox stepped closer towards him as he said "But despite that I did influence you the most because you wanted me there Stiles. Maybe you didn't realise it but you called to me the most. You chose me"

"You're really going to trust a fox!?" The Wolf growled. 

The Fox gave Stiles a smile but this one wasn't mischievous or calculating but warm and it reminded Stiles of two certain people as he said kindly "Well you've trusted two foxes, what's one more to the list?"

Trust yourself.

Could he really do that?

After everything?