Tears Together

As they walked through the forest, Stiles hesitantly kept on glancing at his Dad.

His Dad hadn't said anything since his little spat with Peter. He thought he was justified but he did worry his Dad hadn't commented on it.

He was even more worried about what he needed to tell his Dad, with what he had agreed with Kyle.

How the hell was he going to go about this?

Just say something, say anything Stiles he pleaded with himself but it was like the words were stuck in his throat.

It was such a simple action but why did speaking seem like the hardest thing in the world right now?

Finally with his throat aching, the words were finally blurted out.

"Dad-"

However...

"Stiles"

It seemed his Dad had chosen the exact time to speak as well and they both looked amused and a bit awkward at that.

"Ah what did you want to say?" His Dad said but Stiles shook his head as he said "No, you go first"

His Dad seemed to hesitate and finally nodded before he said with a uneasy yet somehow warm smile "I know things have been hard for you and I know I can't begin to understand how hard and I won't say I wasn't...surprised with what happened with Peter and when I realised what had happened to you but your my son, I'll always be there for you. We can get through this together"

Stiles felt like this would bring tears to his eyes but he couldn't help but focus on what his Dad had just said.

We can get through this together.

"Ah I should have gone first" Stiles muttered, scratching his neck nervously.

Unsure how to bring this up.

He said finally with hesitation "I'm... leaving Beacon Hills with Kyle"

His Dad stopped walking, looking shocked and Stiles turned to him as he said quickly "I'm coming back, I promise! It-it won't be for that long"

"You're leaving?" His Dad said, looking like he was having trouble processing what Stiles had said.

"I'm-I'm struggling with control over my instincts. I'm a Nogisune now, a new one at that. I'm better at controlling myself then when I was a mutated werewolf but in... certain situations my control could slip. I need to learn how to control that and Kyle also is having problems with his control, he can take me to a safe area to learn better control" Stiles spluttered how, hoping his explanation would help his Dad feel more at ease.

It seemed to work as his Dads expression relaxed a little.

"If...you think it's what's best for you..." His Dad slowly, clearly very reluctant but wanting above all his son to be happy.

"It is, I promise" Stiles said, determined to make his Dad feel better about his decision.

"Well... I suppose we better get going then" His Dad said but his smile didn't reach his eyes as they walked on and Stiles had a feeling this conversation wasn't over.

His stomach twisted unnaturally with nerves inside him.

After they walked a couple of minutes more into the woods, Stiles could smell them.

The werewolves who used to be his pack.

They smelt familiar and not at the same time. The blood lust he had been so used to engulfing them, completely gone, instead an anxious and relaxed feeling seemed to somehow mix in together.