Safe...For Now

After the incident Scott was a lot more supportive of the whole let's follow Kim idea, it made sense, they had no other leads, no one else being suspicious apart from her.

Stiles, Kyle and Kira had all volunteered to follow her after School had finished. The rest of the pack kept a close eye on her at school.

Miss Kim definitely had seemed incredibly worried about what had recently transpired.

She had seemed horrified when they'd told her about the misshapen monster and they all had wondered, was she really that considerate, were they accusing an innocent person or was this all an act?

"This seems a little worrying" Kyle muttered, they were hiding among some bushes, watching Kim's car come to a halt next to a wide spread forest, just on the outskirts of town.

"A little?" Stiles asked, sarcasm filing his voice.

They watched as she opened the car door, a bag in her hand that she kept close to her. She looked around some more, thankfully it didn't seem like she spotted them then she entered the forest.

"Surely my Dad can't defend this" Kira whispered.

Stiles did agree with that, how was this not suspicious?

He made his way to follow her however Kira gripped his wrist.

"Scott said that we should only follow her up until we think we could be in danger. I don't think following her into the forest is a good idea"

Stiles nodded as he said "You do have a point"

"Why do I sense a but coming?"

Stiles smiled at her, amused "But..." He said.

Kira let out a sigh, already knowing what Stiles was going to say.

"But bad ideas never stopped me before. Come on Kira, don't you want more proof? She's the one we're looking for because she suspiciously walked into the woods, I don't think is going to work with your Dad either" Stiles said, hoping to appeal to the side of her that wanted her Dad to believe her about Kim.

Kira hesitated, looking unsure however...

"Hey, are you both coming? We might lose her if you both take too long" Kyle said.

They both blinked and realised without them noticing Kyle was right next to her car, waiting for them to follow him.

He seemed more relaxed and confident that it was just them.

Stiles grinned as he said "Now that's the right call"

He hurried after Kyle and said swiftly to Kira over his shoulder, a little playfully "We could also just leave you behind, you know?"

Kira let out a reluctant sigh and against her better judgement, followed them.

They enter the forest, making sure they weren't making much noise.

They were very slow as they made sure they didn't make much noise so they soon lost sight of her but they could still smell her scent.

Stiles cringed whenever leaves crunched under his feet, feeling like he was waiting for something to happen as they followed her scent deeper into the forest....

It turned out, they didn't have to wait long.

It happened in a split second.

It was all quiet, no insects, no birds, maybe too quiet?

Then...

An ear bursting sound.

Kira and Kyle cried out clutching their ears. Stiles collapsed on the ground, it felt like his head was tearing apart.

Was...this it?

His entire body felt like something was tearing him apart but as quickly as the pain came, it left.

Stiles was left gasping, on his knees.

He shakily looked at his hands, he was...fine?

Kyle and Kira were letting out similar noises of relief as they realised they hadn't been turned into monsters.

"Let's get out of here" Kyle said, his voice shaking.

"Good call" Stiles quickly said, jumping to his feet, without hesitation, they ran back towards the road.

"Don't say I told you so" Stiles groaned as they arrived outside the woods.

"I wasn't" Kira quickly said though her expression said other wise, she knew following Kim that far would lead them into some sort of danger!

Kyle piped up "I think you need another friendly chat with your Dad"

Kira let out a noise of frustration but then she notices something else. 

She touched her ears and they felt a little warm and then they started to hurt quite badly.

"That sound..." She said.

Kyle and Stiles checked their ears as well. Stiles it seemed had had it the worst.

There was no mistaking it.

Stiles said what they were all thinking "That must have been what turned those werewolves into monsters but then, why didn't we turn?"