Distractions

Kira felt like crying, her Dad still wouldn't listen to her. Why was he like this?

She was now trying to get too sleep but that was hard to do.

"Why won't you open your eyes?!"

Her Moms voice rang across their house. She had backed Kira up after her Dads refusal to believe her.

Her parents were now in a full on argument downstairs. 

"I know her!"

"Do you?! Do you really!" Her mother snapped back.

She had text Scott already about what had happened and was anxiously waiting for a reply.

It wasn't that long but it felt like forever before he replied to her.

It was quick and blunt but she appreciated that.

"Let's have a pack meeting"

Meanwhile Stiles cried out as he woke up, he grabbed his head with a gasp of pain, it throbbed so badly.

He had had another scary dream about transforming into one of those beasts. It had hurt so much and now it seemed like he was hurting in real life.

Stiles winced as his nails suddenly cut a little into his temple.

What the?

He looked down at his nails to see how much sharper they had gotten.

His eyes felt strange.

Stiles then hurried over to the mirror.

His eyes!

Without him realising, they had changed to silver with tinges of blue. What on earth was going on?!

Letting out a slow breath Stiles closed his eyes.

"Control yourself Stiles" He muttered.

Control yourself!

The dreams were just dreams! Just his over imagination playing up because of what happened with that out of control werewolf, that's all!

But you dreamed this even before that incident, a nasty voice said in his head.

Stiles banished that thought, shaking his head, no, he couldn't let himself think like that!

He couldn't let himself think about what these dreams might mean!

Or it would drive him into a panic attack, he could already feel how his breathing was starting to become heavier.

Don't think about it, don't think about it!

Just calm down.

Control yourself.

Stiles forced himself to breathe more calmly and very slowly he watched his nails become less sharp and more rounded, his teeth the same thing happened and his eyes turn back to normal.

Stiles let out a sigh of relief, his head was still aching badly but at least he could control himself to some extent.

"Stiles!"

He jumped, startled at the loud voice.

"Dad?" He said. 

His father sounded panicked and very worried however he soon realised why.

"You weren't answering, are you okay? Can I come in?"

Stiles realised he had locked the door and his father had been trying to get in to check on him. 

How many times had he called his name?

He winced feeling guilty as he said, unlocking his door, not wanting him to worry "I'm fine, Dad"

"Fine? You didn't sound fine" His Dad replied, a bit more sternly, he added looking Stiles worriedly up and down "You don't look fine either"

"Thanks" Stiles muttered sarcastically.

His Dad narrowed his eyes at him "This isn't a joke"

"You don't think I don't know that?!" Stiles snapped then grimaced as hurt flashed across his fathers face.

He hadn't meant to say that, he went over and sat down on his bed, letting out a sight of frustration as he mumbled "Sorry"

Stiles felt like he couldn't meet his worried dads eyes, he pulled his legs in, feeling a bit like a child as he said "I'm just...dealing with a lot right now"

His fathers eyes softened as Stiles opened up a little.

"Stiles" He said gently "You know whatever is on your mind you can -"

Stiles phone buzzed loudly and he quickly went to check it, his mind already on the rest of the pack, were they okay?

He glanced at the text, Scott was telling him that that it was best to call a pack meeting about their recent findings.

Stiles decided he definitely agreed with that!

His thoughts turning to the beast they had encountered.

He didn't even notice his Dads expression that had been hopeful, become sadder by the second.

"Sorry Dad, I got to go, pack stuff"

His dad frowned, Stiles didn't hear the disappointment in his voice as he said "This late at night?"

"It's important, it's to do with the attack on the school" Stiles said, standing up, staring intently at his phone.

The Sheriff let out a sigh, he didn't want to let Stiles go but he supposed he would be a hypocrite if he didn't. How many times had he left Stiles on his own because of his work? Stiles was trying to help people as well and if they could figure out how to stop the attacks then all got the better.

Stiles had gotten ready to go out in literally settings.

He opened was about to walk downstairs when his Dad called out to him.

"What?" Stiles asked, whatever it was they were waisting-

"You may be more more equipped for this now but whatever happens, stay safe, okay?" His father tells him, it's not really a question but Stiles answers if anyway.

He gives a sheepish smile.

"I'll try too"