The Tiny House

"I'll be fine, I'll let you know what happens, stop worrying" Stiles sighed, Scott's worried voice on the other end of the phone once Stiles was done with his explanation.

He could tell Scott wanted to say more but seemed to be holding back.

Not that he minded, he just wanted to focus on hopefully sorting himself out so he doesn't accidentally hurt anyone first.

"Just...be careful, okay? You sure you don't want me to come with you?"

Stiles rolled his eyes a little at Scott's over protectiveness.

"I don't need someone to hold my hand, I'll be fine, I promise"

Scott then finally agreed with him reluctantly.

The car came to a halt, he literally had been trying to reassure Scott the entire journey. The phone call ended as they stepped out of the car.

Stiles looked around, feeling a little creeped out.

This was was where they lived?

They were by the side of a empty main road, a dark foreboding forest in front of them. The trees seemed to be making strange noises in the wind.

"Follow me, it's not too far" Kyle's father said as he without hesitation entered the creepy forest.

Kyle and Stiles shared a look, they clearly were thinking the same thing as they followed after him.

The trees seemed to sway a little too much for Stiles liking as if any moment the worn out roots would just snap, crushing anything below them.

Kyle's father was thankfully right though, it did not take that long to reach their destination. The house was small and didn't stand out that much other than being the only building in the area.

Stiles wasn't sure what he was expecting, it looked like a normal house the only odd things were it's size and location.

He supposed it looked a bit worn but that was really it.

They walked up to the door and it opened before any of them could knock.

An older looking lady with long dark hair, with strands of grey running through, it almost looked like it was dyed by the way the grey strips of her hair  seemed perfectly symmetrical on both sides.

"I've been expecting you" She said with a grim looking expression.

Kyle's father however had a different reaction to him and Kyle who both stepped back a little and pretended that they hadn't.

"I called you, like half an hour ago" He said, raising his eyebrows.

Her grim expression lightened and became playful.

Stiles and Kyle relaxed both realising she was just messing with them.

"True" She said giggling a little "Well? What are you standing there for, come on in"

She lead them into her home which was very cramped and Stiles who thought his days of clumsiness was almost over, he found himself grabbing several pots and ornaments that he almost knocked over due to the limited space.

Wincing a little as he couldn't save a small plate that came crashing down from a slightly of kilter shelf.

They arrived in even smaller, all it really had room for was a soft looking chair and a small table. A pack of dark cards on her desk, Stiles thought he saw a picture of a skull on the front of the front card peaking through the dusty dull packet.

The older lady slid into her chair with ease despite the limited space.

Kyle and his father aloud Stiles into the room, there was only room for one other person, luckily there was no doors so he didn't feel cut of from the others in this strange tiny house with this strange lady that could hopefully help him... hopefully.

She said with a calm smile that helped Stiles a bit more at ease "So you're the one I was told about"

She then gave Kyle's father a stern look as she said "Getting involved with a were-fox, not up to trouble again are you?"

He suddenly flushed and stumbled over his word but she interrupted him "Well it doesn't matter, I'm glad the spirit world didn't swallow you up at least"

Kyle blinked, looking startled and Stiles said quickly "You know about that?"

She let out a chuckle but it sounded a bit bitter "Know about it? I'm the one who told him how to do it after endless begging but-" She levels a stern gaze at Kyles father "-I also told you not to go ahead with the ritual. The dead should stay dead"

His expression became remorseful as he replied glancing at Kyle then at Stiles "I see that now, they were almost killed because of my actions"

Kyle shook his head and snapped "It was your actions, it was my choice too-"

"But we've come here for a different reason which I explained to you on the phone" His father interrupted him, shooting him a look.

Kyle crossed his arms, glaring and Stiles knew that discussion definitely was not done.

He cringed inwardly, he hated it when family members fought in front of him but a part of him wished they'd go back to arguing as all eyes settled on him.

Something's Gotta Give (Fox At Heart Sequel)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara