Predictions and Panic

He stood in front of her tiny table as she closed her eyes and started to fiddle with the cards in front of her. She took them out the packet and seemed to mutter words to herself that Stiles did not understand.

She picked a card from the middle and put it down. A card from the top, again from the top then another from the bottom of the pile, they all faced down.

Stiles heart thudded hard in his chest..

She slowly flipped them so Stiles could see the picture on the other side, one by one.

The first was a web, a fly trapped, struggling within.

The second Stiles didn't really understand what it was until he looked closer and he realised an unsettling feeling in his stomach that it was a dark grey cocoon.

The next one was a black bird, the type Stiles wasn't sure on but it was flying away from a nest of baby birds.

The the last one made Stiles stiffen, he let out a small sound, fear ran through him. He wrestled with the feeling and stuffed it back down inside him...

It was just a card. It didn't mean anything, yet!

There was a fox on this card.

A very feral looking one, it's teeth bared, dripping with blood. Stiles stop himself with stepping backwards.

The fox's wild predatory eyes stares back at him.

The Druid opened her eyes, they were glowing an unnatural white colour.

Her voice sounded like her own but it had this strange echo to it that Stiles had never heard a human voice possessing.

"One"
She pointed to the web
"Two"
She pointed to the cocoon
"Three"
She pointed to the black bird flying away
"Four"
She pointed to the card that made Stiles the most scared, the fox.

"One, two and three are warnings for the future. One warns of a plot that is set to entangle you if you don't watch out. Two warns of a dark change ahead so be prepared. Four is what scares you the most, be wary of your instincts little fox or what you fear will come to pass. Three is different, this is my solution for you. Listen to the number three, fly away and only then you will become free"

She stopped talking, letting out a gasp and her eyes turning back to their normal brown colour.

Her gaze on Stiles became sympathetic.

The words were still repeating in Stiles head, the two sentences he was most concerned about...

Be wary of his own instincts or what he feared would come to pass?

Images of his friends being hurt by him flashed though his mind but no... it wasn't him, not back then but, but...

His breathing heightened.

And what was number three meant to be? He yelled hysterically in his head, that wasn't a solution! If it meant what he thought it meant it was telling him to leave Beacon Hills but how would that help?!

Was he meant to isolate himself again to protect everyone again?

Memories of Eichen forced there way into his mind.

He couldn't do that but what if he put them all in danger again?

What if he had no choice?

What if despite what everyone kept telling him, they were wrong and that part of it would never leave him?

What if...

"Stiles!"

A supernatural force suddenly seemed to grab his mind and slam it back to earth.

Stiles suddenly realised that he'd lost sense of his surroundings and had become lost in his panicked thoughts.

He was now outside the tiny cramped house in the fresh air, panting heavily sitting against a tree.

Why couldn't he breathe?!

No, he could see that he was panting, that was breathing right?

So why couldn't he feel it?!

"Stiles! Look at me!"

The voice made his focus feel a bit more grounded and he clung on to the earth, making sure his mind didn't leave it.

Well it made more sense in the moment.

Kyle was in front of him, his eyes glowing silver.

Kyle's fathers eyes were also glowing silver.

Stiles realised it might have been their kin supernatural sides calling out to his own, pulling him back into reality.

"I can't-" He choked out.

I can't breathe!

"Stiles, you are breathing, focus on my voice" Kyle demanded.

When Kyle was sure Stiles was paying him full attention he asked softly "How do you usually deal with panic attacks?"

Stiles didn't answer for a couple of minutes, trying to get a good grasp on his breathing to talk.

"D-distract me, talk to m-me about a-anything other than this"

Kyle started to talk with ease, he told him he was planning on going back to school, that he wanted to become a part of the pack and he hoped Scott would accept him because he felt like Scott didn't like him much but they didn't exactly get of on the best foot, he was looking forward to going back to school which was odd as he didn't think he would miss it...

And on it went...

Stiles breathing and mind slowly eased as he listened.

So... I wasn't planning on doing this. I happened to arrive for work at my retail job, two hours early and thought I would write some of this chapter and I ended up finishing it and it's a lot longer than I expected 😅 Anyway hope you enjoy.