A Kind Yet Suspicious Helping Hand

Stiles wondered as he watched the clock, if his smart ass comment had been worth this hour of boredom. He had completed the boring quiz they had wanted him to do in his detention, now he was just sitting there, wishing were-fox's had some sort of time travel ability to make the clocks go faster. 

The constant ticking in ear also started to annoy him. If he'd still been human he would have hardly heard it, now it felt like someone was holding the clock right up to his ear and forcing him to listen to it. 

The more seconds and minutes it ticked by, the more it was annoying him, he started to also hear other things that got on his nerves, like the other students who were in detention tapping their pens against the desk, their feet tapping the floor impatiently, gum being chewed while the teachers weren't looking, the traffic outside. 

The more seconds that ticked by, the louder these sounds got. His head started to throb. What the hell? Not now Stiles he told himself, not now! This was not a good time to loose control of yourself. 

It even irritated him that Lydia and Scott's worry at him staying an extra hour at the school had been right, which he definitely didn't wasn't going to admit to them if he could help it.

He told himself he just need to get through this, thats all, then everything would be back to normal but his surroundings just seemed to get louder and louder, his head pounding, he couldn't help an irritated low growl escape from his mouth.

Thankfully no one seemed to notice him or so he thought. 

"Stiles?" 

It took him a few seconds to realise that someone was addressing him, to ignore the sounds and with great effort focus on what they were saying. 

"You look a little pale Stiles, do you want to step out for a moment?" 

One of the teachers was standing next to his desk, looking at him worriedly. She didn't look that familer though, however he was not going to pass of this opportunity to get the hell out of here. 

He nodded and let her lead him outside the room, then to his surprise she lead him outside and in to the grounds of the school. The sounds finally finally decreased enough for his headache to become a dull ache instead of a throbbing agony, that he couldn't think properly with.

"Is that better?" 

Slowly things came back into focus and Stiles looked at her, frowning. She'd spoken like she'd knew it was his hearing that had been causing the problem and she'd taken him where it was more quiet. 

"I um..." He said unsure what to say. 

She smiled gently at him as she said "It's okay Stiles, I'm...good friends with Kira's parents. I knew her father since I was young. I know about the supernatural" 

Stiles looked at her surprised, she knew? How? What did this mean- 

"I'm new to this teaching job however Kira's father informed me about everything, he couldn't keep secrets away from me. I confess I did make a nuisance of myself trying to figure out the mysterious of this town and his wife, so in the end he gave in and told me"  She added warmly "Don't worry Stiles, I promise, I'm here to help" 

Stiles relaxed a little at that, if Kira's parents trusted her, he could too, right?

"Thanks, Miss.....?" He trailed off realising he didn't know her surname. 

"Miss Kim" She said and then added sweetly "It's a pleasure meeting you Stiles"

He said a little awkwardly "Uh, you too" 

"Are you ready to go back? There's only ten minutes left? Or I could tell them you were feeling ill so you needed to get back home" Miss Kim offered kindly. 

"Ah, that's okay, I feel a bit better" Stiles said, not wanting her to lie for him and a selfish part of him did want to pretend this hadn't happened and prove to the pack he was completely fine in this detention. 

As Miss Kim walked with him back to the detention, Stiles thought to himself at what this could mean. 

She seemed trustworthy but he still decided he was going to have a chat with Kira about if her parents happened to tell anyone else about all this and if she knew anything about Miss Kim's history with her father.