Drop

"Jeongin, can we talk?" Chan questioned nervously, fiddling with his fingers as he watched the younger boy run around his house in a rush.

"Whatever it is, it has to wait chan,we're already late."

The brunette sighed. He had something to get off his chest, and if he didn't say it right now, he knew he wouldn't say it at all.

You see, volunteering together at the animal shelter was of course where they met, along with Woojin. But that was a long time ago, years to be fair and he knew not everything could last forever.

That was exactly why it came as no surprise to him or jeongin when woojin sat them down to tell him he was resigning from the shelter as him and Lia were taking the next step on their relationship, ultimately meaning woojin would be moving a few cities away.

Fortunately, this didn't mean the end of their friendship. A 3 hour drive isn't that far to see a good friend however it would be if it was something he had to do everyday.

Then came the news that the shelter was being shut down.

The place ran on donations, and recently they hadn't been getting enough so along with the news of woojin leaving, the owner decided to close the shelter for good.

Once chan was informed of this, he was devastated and immediately spoke to the previous owner in an attempt to convince him new donors could be found.

The man was unsure at first, but eventually decided to give him 3 weeks to get things running again and then not only would the shelter continue business, but chan would take over as the new manager.

That brings us to today, the community fair which was being used as his platform to get the word out. Jisungs parents were sponsoring the entire day on his behalf and had already signed the papers to be sending recurring donations, things were looking up.

He was thankful for his friends who had volunteered to run stalls, however a lot of work still needed to be done, and right now Jeongin and himself were still running late.

Despite all the thoughts currently flooding his mind regarding business, there was one outstanding thing that no matter how busy he made himself, he couldn't shake.

He had tried to ignore it, but when you've been holding in something that you've been feeling for over 2 years, it begins to get frustrating.

At first he had told himself it was because of the amount of time the two spent together and it was just a school boy crush, but eventually the feelings grew stronger and it became harder and harder to push them aside and disregard them as if they never existed.

That was when he realised it wasn't just a crush, he was completely in love with his bestfriend, yang Jeongin.

The reason he had kept his mouth shut for so long is because for starters, Jeongin was in a relationship with a girl named yuna for the first year of his crush, and secondly because chan had never dated, nor liked a boy in that way before.

It had taken some time for him to come to terms with his sexuality and even though at the moment he still wasn't completely comfortable with any label in particular, he knew how he felt.

And he wanted more than anything to tell Jeongin.

There had been times when he thought the younger may have felt the same, but he would always brush it off as him being friendly.

Still, he admired him from a far. Yet for some reason, a sudden spark of courage had urged chan to say what was on his mind right now, although clearly the current moment wasn't the most convenient.