Dark path

Maybe it was the pounding headaches and hang overs that were keeping Minho bound to his bedroom for most hours of the day, or perhaps the physical exhaustion from going out every single night of the week and recklessly partying.

Either way, he was tired and his friends were starting to worry. You see, a long time ago before Minho had even met Jisung and before the passing of his dad, he was quite the partier.

Whether it was dancing on tables, winning drinking games or hooking up with randoms, Minho was always doing something of the sort.

His rug had felt more dancing than most ballrooms and his sheets had been washed more times than most. Minho didn't just attend parties, he was the party.

Eventually that all changed the fateful day his mum had arrived home from work earlier than anticipated and caught him in the kitchen with some girl doing god knows what.

He wasn't sure what was worse about that situation. The fact that his mum saw him almost completely naked or the fact he was with a girl. It was safe to say the situation lead to an awakening in more ways than one.

From then on he got his life together. He stopped going out, stopped hoeing around and started to get serious about things like school.

His mum and him never really spoke about the situation but she saw the immediate switch in his once rebellious behaviour after it happened, making her wish she had walked in on him sooner.

It was better for everyone when Minho began to grow up, especially once he became the man of the house. No one thought they'd ever see this side of Minho again. Sure, he could still have fun and drink with his friends, but there's a fine line between drinking with friends and going on a two month long bender.

Unfortunately, that was Minhos current situation. Not only were his grades plummeting in his final months of high school, but his over all mental health was suffering greatly.

His friends had tried to get through to him, hoping to convince him to find his chill, but not even Jisung was able to persuade him to stop and if Jisung couldn't help, Minho was almost certainly a lost cause.

Once the younger had heard about the elders state, he was both shocked and worried. His Minho was never like that. God damn, he's gone for 4 months and everything was already falling apart.

Minho would go days at a time without having any kind of contact with him, and then call him for an hour or so and then repeat the M.I.A cycle. It was a cycle that Jisung hated.

He was sure to always make time for Minho. No matter what plans he had with who, no matter where he had to go, no matter how tired he was and no matter how much work he had to do, all Minho had to do was say the word and he would drop everything.

Unfortunately, this wasn't reciprocated in any way. The younger missed him, not only his physical presence but simply his presence in any form.

He would hear of Minho skipping days of school at a time and barely speaking to anyone in the halls. People at school were starting to talk, saying he was going to end up the same way as his dad. This made Jisung furious as he knew for a fact, very few people knew what actually happened to Minhos father.

But what could he do, not only is he on the other side of the world, but teenagers will say what they need to feed their boring souls and boost their fragile egos.

He could only hope that his good morning and good night texts, whether answered or not, were enough to keep the boy from forgetting his existence.

Although it hurt to think the elder was loosing interest in him, Jisung was more worried about Minhos grades. He was supposed to be graduating in 6 months, and if he continued like this, he'd be repeating for sure.