"Enough with your nonsense!! Where is Kavita?? I'm exhausted and hungry!!" Abhi roared loudly, wanting to put an end to all this.

"Hungry?? Why didn't you have your lunch??? I even made..." Naina trailed off but as Abhi pursed his lips to muffle his chuckle, blood rose in the stranger's cheeks.

"I mean... why are you hungry??" she said again, in a much more deeper voice.

"Hmm.. I was busy... on a date... with a very pretty girl" Abhi winked, and to his amazement, Naina glared back at him with eyes narrowed to slits.

"Date with a pretty girl?" she hissed in her natural voice, making him chuckle.

"Didn't know that anger made you turn to a girl" Abhi chuckled.

Blood rose Naina's' cheeks and biting her lip, she looked away.

"My was she pretty!! And she gave me the most amazing gajar-ka-halwa I'd ever eaten!!" Abhi moaned as he recalled how good the halwa had tasted.

"Most amazing halwa you've ever eaten??" Naina choked, her eyes brimming with tears as she recalled that Abhi didn't even touch the food she'd prepared for him that day!!

"Hmm... but I must say, her company was sweeter than the halwa!" Abhi licked his lips and winked, making Naina's blood boil.

"She's a good cook, and she's a good company?? What the fuck am I?" Naina hissed, getting to her feet, forgetting the fact that she was there in Abhi's infamous Christmas-themed suit to make him smile, and get closer to him!

"You're a woman in a man's garb.... the woman who married me because her grandfather forced her to... and I am just a man she's sharing this roof with" Abhi whispered, getting to his feet.

Naina had hardly opened her mouth to reply when Abhi sprinted out of the mansion, leaving her alone and shaking.

There she had been, waiting for him, to impress him and tease him and apologize to him. She'd not even tasted the halwa she'd prepared for Abhi, and had told Kavita to somehow make Abhi eat her food. 

She hadn't had anything since two slices of bread for breakfast that day, and she'd hoped he would stay for dinner - she had made him bhindi, dal, rice and roti, and kheer too!!

But he had spent the evening on a date with someother girl!! Dallying with someother girl and even eating the halwa that the witch had made!!

She collapsed onto the sofa, covering her face with her hands - how was she to make up to Abhi??

But her thoughts traveled back to this pretty woman whom Abhi was describing - was she really that pretty??

Naina's heart clenched.

"You need your strength" Kavita's soft voice echoed in the room as she sat beside Naina, patting her head gently and pushing the morsel of dal and rice to Naina's lips.

"He has already moved on" Naina sobbed, wrapping her arms around Kavita.

"Although he should have had moved on long ago, he hasn't... " Kavita said firmly, patting Naina gently.

"He said..." Naina began, but Kavita cut her in.

"Shruthi had taken the halwa you had made... and Abhi baba had eaten it.. and it seems that he said that the halwa reminds him of home" Kavita said, chuckling at how Naina's eyes lit up.

"He said that??" Naina gasped, and when Kavita nodded her head in response, blood rose to Naina's cheeks.

"Here... eat this... and gear-up... you are fighting an uphill battle" Kavita nodded at Naina, who sighed.