"Don't I look good?" I smooth the non-existence crease of my skirt.

"Good? Dear, you look spectacular!"

"I sense a 'but' here"

"What happened?"

"Nothing"

"You are lying. Who is the boy and tell me this color is not permanent" He looks at me with the eyes who knows my tell.

"The color will come off his 3-4 washes"

"You didn't answer my first question"

I scrunch my nose.

"Do you have me embarrass like this?"

"It is for a boy and let me guess, Kevin"

"It seems you have figured me out. May I leave now?"

"Rohn would be dropping you today. Don't want hormonal boys hounding you"

"First, Are you insinuating I don't look good every day and can't protect myself? Second, we are in college the men there are not hormonal schoolboys"

"Kevin is" He deadpans "Not a boy but hormonal"

I cover my heating cheeks and give him a pleading look to just stop with this interrogation.

"Don't ever say that again. I am officially done with his conversation"

Reaching college, I breathe in and out to relax my nervous self and toss a mint chewing gum. I notice people whispering and looking at me strangely, who don't recognize me do double-take.

Is it a good sign or am I making a joke out of me? Did I look good in the mirror? Didn't I?

I keep walking and I spot my friends, Max, Noah, Bella, and Kevin standing in the locker room. I halt for a moment when I catch sight of Victoria sauntering towards Kevin. I have to take a deep breath and step forward. I almost tuck my tail in between my legs and turn back when every student starts openly gawking at me. 

Fuck it!

I focus on my agenda and the said agenda looks like hell. He has bags under his eyes and is in deep thought. And he is also the only person not looking in my direction. 

Feeling my eyes on him, he turns his head in my way, gives me a once-over, then turns to Max before backpedaling real first, that a worried 'ouch' for his poor neck leaves my lips. It doesn't take him long to turn angry. Yes, angry. Hours of effort and the reaction I am getting is anger.

In long strides, he is invading my personal space.

"You don't learn, do you?" His voice comes out calm but with an under-threatening tone of explosion if pushed.

"What are you talking about?" I feign indifference.

In a blink, he has his palm enclosing around my neck and I stumble forward on my heels. I look into his enraged eyes and regret my action for a moment.

"This is for strong-arming me"

Before I get to ask about how exactly I am strong-arming him, his lips slam to mine, and kisses me with a brute force I only sensed lurking beneath the covering of his control. This is not like any other kiss we have shared before. I kiss him back and would like to think I did so to hurt Victoria but not. I am kissing him because I want to because I am weak to his pursuit. I can act all strong and indifferent but he will always have his ways with me. Our tongue is out there to suck each other's soul and right now at this moment, I don't have in me to stop him. If he wants my morbid soul, it's his. Because this kiss is soul-consuming. As if he is set out to prove something. To me or himself? My question is answered soon.