Chapter XXXV

"You what?" I ask, completely astonished at his words.

"I love you, Kellin." Vic repeats. "I couldn't promise her anything, because I love you not her."

"No. No, you- you love her." I say, stabbing his chest with my finger.

He takes my finger and moves his between mine. "Loved." He says simply.

"Well if your love for her expired, why wouldn't your love for me?"

"My love for her was forced, I called it love when I think it was more like obedience. My love for you is... is breathless." He explains. Every word from his mouth getting me closer to caving in. "It's like I don't even need to think anymore. You just make everything okay, stress-free and exactly how I like them." He admits. I smile as I see his eyes twinkle in a way I've never seen. It's almost... that childish glee that we forget. Like innocence in a way.

"I- what? You- Fucking hell you're perfect." I breathe, pulling him into me in a tight hug. He chuckles and tangles one hand in my hair, another softly on my back.

"Sleep over." He whispers, cuddling me adorably.

"It's Tuesday." I point out, pulling back and looking at him quizzically.

"I don't care. Please, I want to be a really cheesy couple tonight." He pouts, looking too adorable for me to say no. I roll my eyes, but catch his words. "A couple?"

"Well, yeah. I guess, if you want to be." He shrugs. I've never been in love before or really any type of relationship that wasn't completely physical. "I think I'm really going to suck at this." I answer warily.

"Is that a yes?" He asks, picking me up, bridal style. Oh fuck, I think I just scratched his neck trying to get my arms around them. Well, I officially already suck at this.

"I don't know. I mean, this'll be new to me. I'm not a fan of being the inexperienced one." I admit.

"Good," He whispers seducingly. "My turn to teach you." And that does it for me. I nod excitedly and bite at my lip. He leans in slowly and presses his lips to mine. I savour the feeling for a moment before deepening it even more. There's a loud car honk and I jump off Vic, accidentally stepping on his foot.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry." I apologize, trying to stifle a laugh as he hops around.

"I take it you told him." I hear a british voice to my side. How does this family know so many international citizens? I turn and see Oliver smiling knowingly at us.

"I just did, yeah." Vic says proudly. Wait what? I thought they were talking about the promise ring. He had to tell me about the promise ring. I look between the two of them, confused as hell and waiting for one of them to notice and expand.

"And...?" Oliver begs on.

"Kels." Vic says, urging me to answer, as he slips an arm around my waist. It's takes a minute for me to process what he wants and eventually smile at my own words.

"We're going steady." I reply, looking at Vic and matching the approving look on his face.

"Rad. Alright love birds, let's retreat to the indoors." He suggests, not waiting for an answer and speeding off to their driveway.

"You told him?" I gasp. Damn, the count is up to five on knowing about us.

"He was my best friend, and doesn't know Tay so I figured, why not?" He says, starting back to his house.

"Was?"

"Well, you've kind of taken over that spot." He admits, making me smile like an idiot.

"Well, I trust you judgement. He's seems cool to me." I say, nodding in agreement.