Chapter XVIII

We arrive at the first stop. It'll be a destresser since he seems extremely on edge. It wasn't exactly part of my plan but I allowed for a little extra time in case something like this happened.

"Are we eating flowers for dinner?" He asks, sounding almost harsh at that comment.

"No!" I exclaim. "Who do you think I am!?"

"You don't want to know." He laughs.

"Yeah, yeah poke your fun." I say opening my door but locking the car again before he can open his. I go over the his side and unlock it with the clicker before proceeding to open it for him.

He rolls his eyes and steps out of the car. "I can open my own door you know."

"Not tonight you can't." I tell him. Today has to be perfect since my entire sex life depends on this date.

"So what's your favourite kind of flowers?" I ask. He looks like at me like: you're kidding, right?

"I'm serious." I assure him. Walking into the floral shop.

"Am I a girl now?"

"I sure hope not." I point out, smacking his ass. I pick up a bouquet of daisies and smell them.

"Daisies, seriously?"

"Well what the fuck do you want then?"

"Nothing. I don't want flowers. Who gets flowers anyway?"

"So what? I'm old school, suck it up you get flowers."

"Ugh. Well if you're going to get flowers at least get something more colourful than daisies." He says, starting to look over the flowers in front of us.

"Whatever. I'll meet you outside." He says, turning and walking out the door. I roll my eyes, but smile anyway, I can't seem to get this stupid smile off my face. I pull out some peach Asiatic Lilies, pay and walk outside, handing them to Vic.

"Aren't they purdy?" I prod. He laughs, shaking his head at my brilliance. He accepts the flowers but only after looking around carefully for what felt like 5 hours. I lead him down the street and have to restrain myself from holding his hand.

"So do we need ground rules?" I ask suddenly, shocking Vic a little; I think from my abruptness.

"I guess it might not be a bad idea." Vic says.

"Alright. I only have one condition." I say openly. Vic raises an eyebrow, intrigued. "No orgies."

We laugh but Vic gets serious all too fast, making reality a hard hitting wall. "I have lines. Strict lines." He says warily. I nod, showing him I'm paying attention and willing to comply. "Well you already know the no kissing rule-"

"I know, that makes you job a lot harder since kissing's like my biggest turn on."

"Also, nothing affectionate in public. No hand holding, grinding, kissing cheeks, nothing." He replies. I nod along as he continues the list. "This a one time thing. I don't want you trying to seduce me into more just because of this one date. So those knowing looks, the flirtation and comments have to stop."

"Fine." I agree through gritted teeth.

"Hey brighten up! At least you get one date." He says, placing a hand softly on my back. I smile widely at the caring action; it'll be hard holding stuff back. "Let me see that face of yours." He says, pushing away the hair I brushed into my face. His fingers linger on my cheek and I get that tingling feeling.

"Stop that!" I tell him, pushing his soft hand off my face.

"Stop what?" He asks confusedly.

"Making me wanna kiss you!"

"I'm sorry." He laughs. "No more kissing, get over it."

"It's easier said than done." I admit. He nods and I pull one of the flowers out of his bouquet and sticking it behind my right ear.

"Wow. I thought I was being the girl here." Vic laughs.

"What-and-ever."

"Oo a sassy girl, aren't you?"

"No. I just want what I want and when I want it."

"So a drama queen then?"

"I think I like sassy better." I admit, although neither of the two are exactly a good thing. He shrugs and we fall into a moment of silence. It's not exactly one of those awkward silences you dread; it's more a peaceful tranquility. "The city's beautiful at this time of night." I point out absentmindedly.

"It really is." Vic says. I turn a quick corner into an alley and Vic scrambles to keep up at the same pace.

"We're almost there." I tell him, opening a sketchy side door.

"Almost where?" He asks, sounding worried. I look around and don't see one soul, so I grab his hand and lace our fingers together. He looks about to pull them away but calms down and tightened his grip on my hand. An intense butterfly attack starts in my stomach. I pull him through the door and we're eloped in darkness.

"K-Kellin?"

"Don't be scared. Nothing's going to happen." I say, squeezing his hand reassuringly. It's perfect timing as the lights turn on and Vic gasps in awe.