Chapter XXI

Tuesday comes and I march into chemistry, not at all wanting to be here. Sure it's always nice to see Vic, but damn I'm not excited to be cutoff from him completely.

"Kellin!" Mike exclaims, welcoming me to the seat next to him, I guess Vic doesn't want to be near me after what I did yesterday. That just makes me feel worse. I completely destroyed our entire relationship... it's completely my fault.

"Hi." I say back, faking a smile.

"Are you okay?" Mike asks. I nod, pulling my binder out and preparing for the lesson.

"Hey, you wanna come to a concert this weekend?" He asks, opening his own binder. "Actually it's more like a festival but whatever."

"Uh, no thanks." I mumble. Maybe I'll take Vic's option and stay away from them both.

"Alright. I'll pick you up at 6." He says.

I look at him quickly in shock. "But I-I said no." I repeat. "Thanks though."

"Um no. Unless you have a legit excuse, you're fucking coming."

"Language!" Vic scolds. Looking up from the newspaper in his hands. God he looks hot today; wearing that same shirt I saw him in the first day (burgundy button-up) tucked into his black skinny jeans. I swear all he owns are skinny jeans. Not that I mind. He looks so hot in them.

"Yes, mom." Mike retorts. I laugh under my breath, with the newspaper he truly does look like a parent. A hot one. Totally a dilf {A/N: dad version of milf [Mother I'd Like To Fuck]} that I would jump on. I realize I'm staring at him and biting my lip, which is not allowed, so I instantly switch my glance to the front of the room hoping to god that no one saw that. I see someone walk up to me and look to see Matty standing there.

"Kellin, can you, uh, explain yesterdays lesson?" He asks. Shit. I forgot to meet him this morning and explain.

"Oh, right yeah of course. Sorry, I forgot." I say following him to his seat.

"So, yesterday we uh di-"

"You like Vic." He states, interrupting what I'm saying.

My heart races but I play it cool. "Well yeah, he's cool."

"Not like that. You totally have a crush on him."

I scoff and reply, "Sorry, you're mistaken."

"Dude, come on." He says taking a seat and looking up at me a disbelieving look playing on his face. "You were staring at him like you wanted to tear his clothes off right then and there." He points out.

Oh shit. He saw that? That was basically exactly what I wanted; to push him over and have my way with him. I look over and see him still reading the newspaper, god damn I can see him in my house in twenty years at the table in the morning drinking coffee before heading off to work, of course kissing me on the way out.

"Kellin. You're doing it again."

"Shit." I cuss, causing Matty to laugh.

"You've got it bad." He says. All this time I thought I was just messing with him, trying to get his gears grinding. Although I guess Matty's probably right... I think after getting to know him better I might've developed a tiiiiny crush. "It's okay, you guys would actually be really good together. The balance is perfect." He says, I surprisingly blush and look back at Vic to catch him already looking at me. He quickly moves his glance back to the paper and I go back to Matty, explaining the lesson from yesterday.

I reluctantly leave to french class after sitting silently during lunch. Mike continuously asked if I'm okay and obviously I am. It's just a crush, I'll get over it.

__
Walking home was shit. It poured on my head; in case you haven't noticed, it's rain season. My head is pounding as I sit here waiting for my mom and step dad to get home. Not like there's a difference if they're here or not.

It turns out they never even bothered to show up. I went to bed in the house alone, while Kailey's at some cheer camp or some shit that she left for this afternoon. I would be worried that they don't show up, but this happens about three times a month. Even in this new city they need 'adult time' and run off to some friends' house. I swear they're more secretive of their friends than I am. I've never met any one of them. The doorbell rings pulling me out of my thoughts. Who in the hell is here at 11:30 on a tuesday night?

"Jen? What are you doing here?" I ask. She shrugs, pulling me into her arms and squeezing. "Ouch."

"Let's go to the park." She states, walking away, and I join her. "Mate, I need your help. Tay wants me to go on some stupid double date with her and Vic," I sense a trend in Tay's actions... "Can you come as my date? I sure as hell don't want to get a real one. Plus, you can spend time with your beloved Victor." She winks.

I roll my eyes and laugh at her. "My beloved Vic? Yeah, no. He basically said I can't interact with him or he's going to force Mike and I not to be friends." Just then realizing how harsh I made it sound. "I mean, I came on too strong and just... yeah it caused a vicplosion." I close and lock the door before quickly catching up to her.

She laughs at my wordplay, but turns serious, placing a hand on my shoulder and saying, "Vic's a turd. He wouldn't be able to stop you anyway."

"It's not worth the risk." I shrug. "So yeah, I doubt he'll want me to come."

"Trust me, he wants you to come. In more ways than one." She winks.

I burst out laughing and quickly mumble back: "Good one!" Then laugh some more, wiping stay tears from my eyes. "Wish I came up with that."

She laughs along with me and eventually we both calm down. "I just came here from his house actually. We had another one of those lame dinner meetings." She explains, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

"Oh yeah?" I say. She nods sitting on a swing as we finally arrive at the park that's only a few blocks away from my house.

"Yeah. It was at my house though. I just dropped them off at home. They're a little intoxicated if you know what I mean."

"Even Mike and Vic?" I wanted to know.

"You betcha. Vic devoured most of our tequila, secretly of course, and Mike stuck to his friend Jack Daniels. He started calling himself Mike Whiskeyhands." She snorts. I laugh too, I am so using that now.

"Vic drank tequila?" I ask, reminiscing our little house party when I drank the whole bottle.

"Yeah. I was kind of surprised, he usually sticks to the soft stuff but apparently today he wanted the hard shit." She says. There was a slight chill in the air but it wasn't really bad at all. "He's actually a very childish drunk. The whole time home he kept asking if we were there yet."

"Seriously!?" I ask, on the verge of pissing myself. That reminded me of Vic's first kiss mishap and causing me to start gasping for air through my laughing.

"He's such a child. You gotta keep him grounded once you guys get together." She says. It actually feels really nice to have someone rooting for us becoming an us.

"Naaahh. I like Viccy just the way he is." I say honestly. God damn it, that was lame. This crush is turning me to mush.

"Well that was adorable." She says, poking my nose. "When did he become Viccy?"

"When I starting calling him Viccy." I retort. "He's my Viccy. So don't even think about calling him that."

"Whatever dude. Sorry to ditch you but, it is late so I really have to go." She says pulling me off the swing next to her and hurrying back to my house.