Chapter IV

I got to school bright and early, 7am and could barely keep my eyes open. I'm normally get up at 7:50 and my sister and I are gone by 8am. Being conscious during this time of morning is so not my element. However, being on a trip with the gorgeous Victor Fuentes in the end this will so be worth it. I trudged onto the bus, wearing my favourite 'Jack Daniels whiskey' shirt and a comfortable pair of pink shorts. My backpack heavy with clothes, water, and candy... I get bored easily do I took a trip to Bulk Barn to satisfy my needs. I take a seat and patiently wait for Mike, Vic and Matty to arrive. Mike was the first to get on and I quickly pulled him down into the seat next to me, knowing very well that Vic would check on his brother and be forced to look my way. Vic came in and rocked my boat a little by sitting directly in front of me instead of where I expected, across the aisle from Mike. Matty took 5 or so minutes after we had settled to finally make it on the bus.

"Hey!" I say and smile at him. He matches my smile and nods before taking the seat next to Vic. I pull out my candy sooner than I expected, in need of energy; and fast. I decide on skittles and offer some to Mike he gives me a seriously? look--which I take as a no--and pop a few in my mouth. I cram a handful between my jaw and stand up dangling the bag in front of Vic. He jumps a little and looks up at me. I give him a smile full of skittles, must have been so attractive of me. He laughs lightly and pulls the bag out of my hand.

"You're having sugar at 7:30 in the morning?" He asks looking back up at my face.

"Duh." I struggle to get out the muffled words, it ends up sounding like 'fuh'.

"Shouldn't talk with your mouth full." He says, smiling jokingly.

"Who the fuck are you? The queen?" I retort. I already swallowed the skittles making my words come out clearly this time, although I'm almost certain I still have bits of the outside candy crust shell glued onto my teeth.

"Don't you have any manners at all?" He asks, continuing to smile. I attracted the attention of Matty who was previously playing music through his headphones, although he pulled one out and turned to face my direction.

"Maybe I need to be taught a lesson." I dirty talk suggestively. Vic raises his eyebrows and Mike to my left bursts out laughing. Matty snorts a little bit too. I smirk and he just rolls his eyes handing the skittles back to me. I pop a few more sugar pills before lifting the bag, a motion questioning if he wanted any. Matty smiled a big toothy smile but shook his head a shoved the earphone back in. The teachers started talk about some shit that I tuned out and the bus started on its way.

__

"We've arrived at William Ford forest. Now before we start out nature walk I want to go over some ground rules." Mrs. Hagarty stated. "First of all, there will be no unisex cabins. If you have planned on this then talk to either Mr. Banbury and I and we can figure it out as a group. Secondly, you will not stray from the group. We are responsible to return you all to San Diego tomorrow night in one piece, ya hear? Thirdly, there will be an 11 O'clock lights out, and a 7:30 wake up call. Lastly and most importantly each and every one of you, be careful; don't go pissing off any scorpions or running off a cliff. Are we clear?" She finished scanning the bus with a stern look on her face. A few people mumbled yes', but I'm never one to follow suit.

"What happens if we break a rule?" I ask shouting loudly so there's no way she can ignore me.

"Then you sir, will be glued to my hip for the entire trip." She said looking gruesomely at me with her sunglasses pushed down to the tip of her nose. She reminded me impeccably of Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter. Although Mrs. Hagarty is maybe a third of her age.

We trailed out of the bus single file and met in outside a large opening in what looked like a very thick forest. She told everyone to get in pairs and I, obviously, got stuck with Matty. I don't mind though, he's nice enough. We all got a clip board with a pen along with tweezers and a bag full of plastic containers with four holes in the lid. Soon after are set on our way. Mrs. Hagarty leading and Mr. Banbury trailing at the back. Matty and I got wedged near the back with only a few jocks behind us, while Mike and Vic wandered directly behind Mrs. Hagarty. My guess, Vic's idea. He seemed very academically focused with Mike, either because he's smart or because Mike's not.