Chapter XII

I'm about to scream help when he gets yanked off me. Instant relief of not having someone against me rushes through my body.

"Thanks." I huff in complete relief. I look at the anonymous helper and give the stranger a reassuring smile.

{I know you all probably wanted it to be Vic, but I can't make it THAT fairytale-ish}

"No probs dude, now get in there and PARTY!" He cries excitedly. It pumps me up a lot, honestly. So I head inside and instantly look for a beer pong table, something I'm openly proud of being good at.

"Lates." I say holding up a piece sign. I look around but don't see anything set up other than bongs. I start choking on the air and try to motion to Mike that I'm going outside. Although he's grinding pretty hard on some chick so I just give up and go outside anyway. Lucky for me there are a few kegs out there so I help myself.

"Are you following me now?" I hear from behind, making me jump.

"Am I what?" I slop out, beer dripping down my chin and I spin around.

"Lovely." Vic says, looking disgusted as I wipe it off my chin.

"Like you're such a charmer yourself." I reply.

"Kellin, you have some-" He stop mid sentence, squinting and inspecting my neck. "Is that a... a hickey?" He asks.

I completely forgot MGK did that. I feel a lump in a throat at the thought of how helpless I was.

"Who did that?" He asks. I swallow a few times to soften the lump. "Kellin, who gave you that?"

"Did I hear a hint of worry?" I tease.

"Whatever." He mutters, rolling his eyes. "Can you get Mike so we can go?"

"Uh, I think he's already going." I chuckle, covering my face so that I don't spit out my beer. Vic follows my gaze and lands on Mike as he opens the door for a girl.

"He doesn't have the-" Vic says, checking his pockets. "Oh shit."

"He stole the keys didn't he?" I assume.

Vic sighs as a response and starts calling to Mike. "MIKE! THAT'S MY CAR YOU CAN'T-" He stops as Mike sticks up his middle finger speeding off into the distance. "Dick fucker."

"Loosen up man." I say, going to massage his shoulders but Vic pushes me away from him. Causing my beer to swoop over the edge. "Whoa."

Vic starts walking down the sidewalk in the direction of the main road. We've been at this party all of ten minutes and its already gone to hell.

"Vic wait up!" I call, pouring a second quick cup and jogging after him trying my best not to spill either of them. Vic's gone back to the ignoring game and I force myself in front of him just to make him stop. "Drink this."

"No. Get out of my way, I'm going home."

"Chug it and I'll move." I say. Vic rolls his eyes and side steps, but I do to.

"Drink iiiiit." I temp, lifting the cup to his nose.

"Kellin, stop." He says seriously. I give him an amusing come on, Vic look. His eyes ignite in sparkles, making me smile like a creep.

"You're trouble, Kellin Quinn." (line stolen from the book The Trouble On Your Lips -thekellinunderthevic)

He shakes his head and takes the cup, being careful not to touch my hand and chugs it. Wincing at the bitter taste. I giggle and grab his shirt pulling him back towards the party.