Chapter V

I realized I was squeezing the shit out of Vic and stepped back instantly. He smirks at me and I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

"Well, look who's getting cozy." He says smiling. I see Mike and Matty heading and clear my throat before awkwardly sitting on the bed.

"Hey M and M!" I say cheerfully as they walk in. Matty nods with a smile, and Mike comes and tackles me in a hug, making me smack my head against the wall.

"Ouch." I groan rubbing the back of my head.

"Sorry, dude." He says collapsing next to me. I lay there with my head at weird angle, leaning against the wall.

"Well you look comfortable." Matty points out.

"I'm too lazy to move." I groan with a shrug.

__
After twenty minutes of us staying here in silence, the rain stops and people start to head back out. We all get up and I check Matty's watch seeing we still have half an hour before lights out.

"Hey Vic!" I call, he looks up at me after pulling Mike off the bed. "We still have half an hour, that's plenty of time fo-"

"Guys they're playing music!" Mike interrupts, looking out at the campfire. I turn around and sure enough there's Mr. Banbury with an acoustic guitar, tapping his foot away. Mike and Matty go jog out but I stop Vic part way, putting my hand on his chest. I trail my fingers along his collar bone, moving slowly until I'm in front of him.

"Vic." I say. "May I have this dance?"

"Why of course." He laughs, I smirk and put one hand on his ass and taking his right hand with my other. I then strut down to the fire in a tango pose, stopping and leaning Vic back dramatically. We both laugh and I pull him back up strutting a few steps back towards the cabin then switching hands, straightening my face and close the remaining distance between us and the fire. I then let go of him and we laugh it off. He finds Mike and takes the seat beside him, me obviously taking the next seat over. Making sure almost my whole left side is pressed against him. Vic doesn't seem to mind. Everyone has their own individual conversations and I hear my friends start chatting as well, however I tune them out turn all my attention to the hypnotic dancing flames in front of me. After a while I start yawning and decide I better entertain myself, so I start picking up whatever my friends happen to be talking about.

"How have you guys not heard about their new album? It's their first one for twenty years!" Matty says.

"I'm not that huge of a Pink Floyd fan." Mike admits.

"Meh, I only like their album The Wall." Vic explains.

"I love them! My dad used to play them all the time. I would always play The Dark Side Of The Moon whenever my mom made me vacuum." I say making them all turn to me.

"Whoa I almost forgot you were there." Mike says, leaning over too far just to be able to see me that he ends up having to push off the ground to get himself back into his spot on the log. I laugh at his comment and squish against Vic some more.

"Are you gonna fall off or something? Geez." Vic says looking over at me.

"I'm coooold." I complain, shrivelling slightly to emphasize my comment. Vic rolls his eyes, but leans into me anyway. We talk about music for a while longer, but sooner than I expected Mrs. Hagarty announces that it's time for lights out. Everyone moans and groans, but no amount of complaints can change the fact. Vic gets up and goes over to Ralph, but an idea pops into my head, like a coal that gets too hot. I follow behind, jogging so that I can catch up.

"Hey Ralph, uh Vic and I need to talk. If Hagarty asks he's in the bathroom." I say, hoping to god that they go for it.

"Yeah sure." He says, foam spilling out between his braces. I flash him a quick smile and pull Vic by his forearm, trying my best not to hurt him. But he stops, making me swing back, half falling.