Chapter XV

Today's gonna be a horrible day. I think to myself as I look out at the poring rain outside. And I was right.

For starters, I completely forgot to do this stupid history project and my teacher flipped out on me. Then as I leave I encounter, yet again, the royal ass named Andy.

"Kellin." He says pushing me aside, "Where the fuck did you put my shit?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You mother fucker. I swear to god if you don't give me that bag I'll break you."

The thing is with these types, they're all talk and no action. "I'll believe that when I see it." I tell him confidently. I know I sounded like a total ass, but that guy just pisses me off. He has this idea of an image but he just can't pull it off. I push him away from me and sneak into a mob rushing towards chemistry with a crowd of nerds. There must be some kind of science fair today.

Again, I was right.

"Lucky for us class, our period coinsides perfectly with the junior science fair, and we have the fabulous opportunity to view all the contestants work." Mrs Haggarty explains.

Normally this would be amazing; today however, nothing can go right. Mike woke up with an intense fever this morning and actually had to go to the hospital. So it's just a mad Vic and I wandering around with nothing to do but talk. Yeah, cause that's gonna happen.

"So Vic uh, how's the dog?"

"The same as when you asked half an hour ago." He grumbles

I roll my eyes, but I'm bored to death so I try again at a conversation starter. "How are your classes going?"

"None of your business." He counters.

"And Tay?"

"Ask her yourself, since you two are so close." He says sarcastically. He actually takes the time to read out the posters and it's boring me even more. So I decide to recruit the other stick in the mud.

"Matty! Get over here!" I yell. He looks up quickly and makes eyes contact before shuffling around people and making his way towards me.

"Hey Matty!" Vic says, high-fiveing the kid. I didn't even get a hello and he gets a high five!?

"What are you listening to?" I ask.

"Iron Maiden." He replies cooly. Sounding more or less bored with the conversation.

"Dude no way! That's an awesome band!" Vic exclaims.

"You like Iron Maiden?" He asks surprised.

"Duh! I only have like... all their CDs." Vic says. They start up a conversation and honestly, I'm more of a Mega Death fan. Usually you like either or, so I picked Mega Death. I follow them around, being overly jealous of Vic actually laughing at Matty's jokes. Awesome, what a fabulous addition to the hell-like day.

To make matters worse, I was heading home; the usual, meet my sister at her car type thing. Only to find her car fucking gone already. What the hell!? I see Vic walking out of the school and basically pole vault over to him.

"Hey Vic!" I call. He whips his head around, but when he realizes it's me he rolls his eyes instantly and pulls up his hood and walks the other way. When will he stop this childish shit already? "Vic! I need a favour!"

"What do you want, Kellin?" He asks coldly.

"Can I have a ride home? My sister left without me."

"I'm actually walking today. My mom found a tequila bottle in my room and took my keys." He says.