Chapter XXVIII

"Yo Kellin!" MGK calls as I'm about to go into history.

"Hey Katelynne!" I smile, in ignorance of the baboon behind me. I will admit, it was a last resort, but I can't really face MGK after that party when he forced himself on me. I feel so vulnerable around him. She smiles and blushes, linking her arm with mine as we walk down our row. I felt really uncomfortable with it so as soon as I could I pried my arm away, hurrying into my seat. God this girl is going to cause drama I can already tell.

"Kellin Bostwick. You're wanted in the office." I hear the voice of a young student from the classroom door. I roll my eyes and mumble "Quinn". Suddenly it flashes in my mind that the kid just said office. My eyes widen and I hurry out the door.

"Fuck. Where the hell is the office?" I wonder, spinning around a few times.

"Wow. Vic wasn't kidding you really don't know how to get anywhere." A voice says from behind me. I turn around instantly, a smile plastered on my face at the recognition of the accent. Jenna stands there, her hair up in two buns on each side of her head. Surprisingly she can pull it off. I tackle her in a hug and dig my face in her shoulder. I close my eyes and she whispers, "Vic alert."

I smile and spin around, running right into his chest. "Whoa." I accidentally say. He laughs and wraps his arms around Jenna, unintentionally--I think--sandwiching me. I smile as his smell warms my senses. See!? It totally is his fault he's attractive. With that smell, no one can turn you down.

"What are you doing here?" He asks after releasing us.

"I don't know I got bored and came to visit." She says.

"You don't have school?" I ask, confusion taking over my features.

"Nuh uh. Midterm perks, bitches!" She exclaims doing a raise-the-roof motion. We all laugh and she adds: "Good thing too, because apparently Kellin here is a little lost puppy in this place."

"Tell me about it." Vic sighs, rolling his eyes jokingly. I punch him in the shoulder lightly, but laugh anyway. Jen links our arms and pulls us away from Mr. Sexy. She waves and I suck on my index finger slowly, then waving at him flirtatiously. He laughs and makes a kissey face. I laugh and turn around heading to the office.

__
"Mr. Botwick wi-"

"Quinn."

"Quinn. With all your lates in the morning I'm sorry to inform that you must attend in-school detention this afternoon." The vice principal explains. I groan and when he finishes lecturing me he sends me off to my guidance counsellor to 'make goals' or something like that. It seems stupid to me. I mean all of this because I've been late a few, okay, everyday. Plus, they're making me miss all of first period. Makes no sense whatsoever. But fuck it! I get out of gross history.

__
"Where's Vic?" I ask, collapsing into the seat next to Mike.

"At some university fair thing. I don't even know." He laughs, checking his phone, but putting it away shortly after.

"Hm. Interesting. Is he thinking of going to post secondary?" I ask.

"If that means university, then yes." Mike laughs. It's kind of sad how little he knows, but I still find it funny as hell and laugh right along with him. Matty joins us, and I think he's incredibly confused as to why we're laughing. Mike waves it off and eventually we cool down, in time for Mrs. Hagardy to make her opening remarks.

"Alright everyone we're going into the lab today. We will be testing out the reaction times between different alkaline earth metals." She explains. Surprisingly, this'll only be our second time in the lab this year. We studied those bugs for a while but other than that we mostly just do textbook work. We all file into the clean white room and grab safety glasses. I lean against one of the black counters far from the entrance, M and M following suit. When everyone has their place The Hagenator lights the bunsen burner and holds a test tube over the flame, using the tongs of course. Eventually she cuts a small square off of some plasticine looking rectangle and pops it into the end.