Chapter VIII

We get to the office and I stand extremely close to Vic. Too close. He avoids my eye and I don't blame him. I mean we pretty much kissed... he feels awkward... We're here alone with his girlfriend while Mike gets their car.

"Tay, how come you're not coming?" I ask. Girls can't come, I giggle to myself. Oh how I love dirty jokes.

"I have class, nimrod! You can't skip when you're a senior. Well... unless you're Vic that is." She says and kisses him. I flinch a little, but look away and recover. Whoa that was weird. It's not like I actually like him! He's just hot, like I said, I hit on everything with a pulse. After a moment they separate and in my peripheral vision I see them smile at each other. I feel sick to my stomach. He kisses her so easily, he must like her. God I'm so stupid, how could I let myself believe he actually liked me. My muscles feel weak and I slide down the wall collapsing. Their completely adorable relationship, made me not want to try. Not even try to stand up.

"Kellin!? Are you ok?" Tay shrieks.

I nod and look at her blankly. "Just lazy."

Vic kneels beside me and places a hand on my shoulder. And that's when a bright picture of Jenna flashes in my mind. She told me he's into me. I'm not going crazy, she of all people would know. It's not all a figment of my imagination, he has some feelings towards me no matter how slight. I blink a few times and turn to him.

"Victor you naughty boy! You're manhandling me." I say, making his eyes widen in shock.

"What did you just say to me?" He asks harshly, standing up.

"You manhandled me." I repeat, narrowing my eyes joking. Tay just types away, muttering to herself.

"You don't get to manhandle me unle-" I get cut of when Vic clamps a hand around my mouth.

"Don't even say it." He breathes. I point out the window and he turns, seeing his brother parked outside the door. He then removes his hand, but I can still feel it as if he never moved.

"I got to go babe, catch you for dinner at my house right?" He clarifies. She nods and pecks his cheek. We part ways and I can hear Mike's music right once we open the door. Not that I'm complaining.

__

"So what are we seeing again?" I ask, aiming the question at Mike.

"Sex Tape. I've told you like five times." He replies, not really sounding annoyed.

"Sorry, bad memory." I say, and get out of the car walking into the theatre.

"Yeah I can tell." He replies. "It's supposed to be really funny."

"Yeah I heard that one guy pissed himself." Vic says, laughing slightly.

"No way." I say, disbelieving what he tells me.

"Yeah I'm serious. He was like 18 too!"

"Nope. No, you're lying Victor."

"But I'm not." He says. I step in front of him and look deeply into his shaded eyes. Seeing his round brown donuts, I crave the feeling of starting those sparks.

"How do I know you're not lying." I say looking at him sceptically.

"Because I don't have a reason to lie." He says a smile creeping on his cheeks, but he keeps it under control.

"Maybe you made it up." I say, stepping closer and poking him in the chest. "Maybe you wanted to make me laugh," I pause for dramatical affect and smirk. "Maybe you like seeing me smile. So you made up a ridiculous story so that I would laugh."

The smile breaks out on his face lighting up his eyes in sparkles making them look like rare gems. "But naaah. Cause you wouldn't do that." I say, backing off.