Chapter XXIII

I wobble out of the house at a painful 6:30am. Open the car door and my skin instantly heats and jaw drops to the cement below as I recognize the mop of chestnut hair in the very back seat. What the hell? I'm not that into him, Kellin come on dude get over it. It's not gonna happen.

"Kellin? Are you getting in?" Alan asks from the middle section of seats.

I snap back into reality and hop in the passenger seat beside Mike. "Sorry, zoned out."

"Yeah, it's like 3am to you right now." Mike laughs. I nod still half asleep and zone out looking at Vic's hotness in the rear view mirror. How does he manage to be so perfect every single moment of every singe day. His black tank top just shows off his perfect muscles. He looks a little chilly but I hope he doesn't mind cause damn boy those biceps...

__

We arrive at the venue a good fifteen minutes later. All of us basically run to the quickly formed line.

"Yo, Kellin! Who are you most excited for today?" Austin pipes in. I shrug and jump a little to see how long the line is.

"Someone's quiet today." Austin mumbles before repeating the question to the others. I hope I look up to par today, just in case of any band member sightings. I look down at my green t-shirt and black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees. Seems fine. I hear Vic answer Austin's question and for some reason I listen to him.

"Third Eye Blind." He says. I make a mental note to definitely check them out some time. And slowly the line moves forward, before we know it I get a stamp on my hand and am pulled through the door.

__

The day was fucking fabulous. We've already seen Green Day, Metallica, Aerosmith, ACDC, Guns and Roses and Kiss and it's only lunch!

"Dude this concert's hella rad." I exclaim, collapsing on a bench with a soda in my hand.

"I know man! Like every good band that exists is right here, right now." Mike replies, seating himself next to me.

"Thanks for bringing me, Vic." I say, blushing majorly realizing my mistake. "I mean Mike... shit."

"It's okay man. Happens all the time, I'm used to it." Mike exclaims, waving it off easily. Little does he know I said Vic because I was thinking about him. I haven't stopped for like... four days straight.

I finish my drink but stay reasonably quiet after that, just taking in my surroundings. "I gotta piss." I say abruptly, standing up and walking over to a small building marked 'Restrooms'. Upon walking in I notice a small line. It doesn't talk too long until I'm at the front. The next person comes out of a stall so I go in after; do my business and hurry back out. Right when I leave the door someone grabs my arms pushing me right back in and slamming the door behind us.

"V-Vic?" I ask in confusion, my heart leaping out of my chest.

"I had to talk to you." He states, making my stomach flip. I'm completely speechless... and that never happens. "Are you okay?"

"I, um, yeah I'm fine. Why?" I say. I think this is what it's like being flustered...

"You haven't been yourself lately and I'm getting worried." He says. God damnit this boy causes my brain to jump out a window. He finally lets go of me, but I don't move a muscle. I like finally being this close to him again. I SOUND SO DUMB! Come on Quinn, control yourself! "You've been weirdly quiet, you don't even fight Mike when he orders you around, you always have this sad demeanour about you. I hate to admit it but... I want my Kellin back."

He wants his what!? I definitely didn't hear that right. Ears, that's not funny!

"What?" I gasp.

"I... I miss you." He whispers, moving his stare down to my lips. My breath is completely lost and if he doesn't do something I think I might die in this moment right now.