Chapter XXII

Neither of the Fuentes brothers showed up since I'm guessing they're both hung over. Mike though, he can hold his alcohol like a bitch so he must've had a lot. It surprises me that no one noticed two totally drunk guys that are suddenly 'sick' the next morning. I doubt they were upfront with their mom, although I guess Vic might've... nah. I don't really feel like being at school today so I get Tay to sign me out.

"Yeah, of course! Say hi to my boo for me." She says. I nod and hurry out of the building. Luckily I used my sisters car today, well I guess stole would be a better word, so I get to Vic's in no time. I mean, Mike's. Yeah Mike's.
__
I make a mental note not to talk or look at Vic. If he wants me gone, I'll be gone. If anyone fucking answers the door. I ring it for the fourth time and still don't hear any movement. I guess I'll call him then.

"Mike, pick up. Pick up." I say to myself. On probably one of the last rings I hear his groggy voice on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey dude! I brought coffee, open up." He says. I hear a groan and then a loud buzz. Jesus is this an apartment? I hear laughing on the other end and realize I said that out loud. I try the door and it flies open easily. I head upstairs and pass the bathroom, not surprised to see it closed; I guarantee one of them is in there puking. I was proven right as I hear a flush followed by gargling. I slowly open Mike's door and see him in bed. I guess Vic's the one being sick.

"Hey dude." I whisper, not wanting to worsen his head ache.

"Coffee." He moans. I place it gently on his bedside table and raise mine to my lips but get interrupted by the racing of my heart when I hear a voice behind me.

"Mike I-Kellin?" Vic asks horsely. God he sounds hot, but horrible. I nod at him and realize he deserves a coffee too so I go over and hand it to him.

"What's that?" He asks.

"Coffee." I say, and offer a small smile. He shakes his head and pushes it back to me.

"Thanks, but I'm fine." He says. I shake my head and grab his hand wrapping it around the drink and whispering "Take it." Before swiftly turning back to Mike and sitting on his bed.

"How are you feeling buddy?" I ask.

"Shitty as fuck." He yells and then grabs his head. "Oh shit fuck jesus christ mother fucking cunt brains." He mutters.

"Language!" Vic says, surprisingly still standing in the doorway. I smile involuntarily as he looks at me and I remember I'm not allowed so I quickly look away.

"Kellin make me soup. I'm hungry." Mike orders. I get up without hesitation, glad that I can help in any way possible. Vic looks at me like I have a third eye as I pass him. I ignore the look and make my way down to the kitchen. When I get there I start my search for pots.

"Hey." Vic states, making me visibly jump and grab at my chest.

"You scared the hell out of me." I exclaim, my heart-rate continuing to beat quickly. Probably just because he's around. Jesus I sound like a 12-year-old crushing on some eighth grader.

"Sorry." He laughs. I continue looking around for the pots try to ignore that fact that Vic followed me down here for no particular reason.

"They're over there." He finally says, pointing to a corner cabinet underneath the countertop. I nod and go over pulling out a random pot. "You don't even know your way around a kitchen?" He asks, referring to my first week at high school when I was in need of a walking map. I giggle at his joke and then curse myself for giggling. It's probably against the rules.

"Tay says 'Hi.' by the way" I mutter while rustling around in their cupboards until I find a chicken noodle soup can.

"Oh." He says as I pour its contents into the pot and add another cup of water for consistency. I hear a faint whisper and spin my head around to Vic's face in his hand.

"Do you need an aspirin or something?" I ask worriedly.

"No, no nevermind. I'm gonna go take a nap, you okay here?" He asks. I nod my head quickly and he hurries up the stairs. My stomach drops as I hear the familiar sounds of a toilet flushing.

__

Although that's the last time Vic threw up. Mike hurled in his garbage can in that same hour, but that was the last time either of the boys barfed, gladly. I guess my coffees helped.

Mike and I joked around for the next few hours, Vic making random short appearances; I don't think I said more than 20 words to him all day. I bet half of those were just me muttering 'Yeah.'

__
"KELLIN! FUCK. LET'S GO!!" Kailey yells. I literally roll off my bed and hop over to my closet since my ankle somehow got tangled in the covers. I pull out my favourite pair of track-pants and some random plain black t-shirt. Fridays are my comfort days. The days where I wear the closest thing to pyjamas that I can get my hands on.
__
Fridays are always slow. So slow I actually find my eyes drooping closed in history. This is so weird, I'm usually pumped on fridays because it means hanging out with friends, today however my long overdo plans with Alan just don't seem to produce any excitement out of me. Whatever, I'm sure when the time comes it'll be as fun as all the other hang outs.

Chemistry was lame, I didn't say a thing and other than few exchanged looks from Mike not much even went through my brain. The way my stomach is grumbling though I definitely can't wait for lunch.

"Hey dudes." I say, leaning on the vending machines.

"What's up?" Austin asks. He stands across from me, an arm wrapped around Alan's waist. They're so cute together it makes me sick.

"Not much." I shrug. I'm not in the mood for talking so I hope they just turn the attention away from me. Luckily for me they do, igniting in some conversation about that concert I'm supposed to go to tomorrow. I don't even notice, but I completely zoned out. Next thing I know everyone's splitting directions and it's time for french. Fuck that, I can't do it today. Skipping time.

"Yo Mike!" I call. He spins with ease, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.
"Wanna go chill and play video games or something?" I ask. He nods quickly and hurries toward the double doors.

__
"Alright. I gotta go to last period. But I'll see you tomorrow, right?" I confirm. After leaving Vic- Mike's house.

He nods reminding me, "6:30am sharp."
"Oh fuck that's early." I sigh. He laughs and follows me out the door giving me a ride back to school.

__
"Allycat!" I scream jumping into his arms. I guess my mood definitely brightened up.

"Kellinnn!" He matches my enthusiasm back. I smile and eventually let him breathe again.

"So, what are we doing today?" I ask him. He looks in thought for a moment and then seems to land on a brilliant idea.

"Dude! Let's go to an arcade! I haven't bee to one of those in like.... eight-ever."

"Grool." I say, quoting Mean Girls. He chuckles and rushes off to his bus (which I sneak onto of course). Off we go to the... arcade? I'm kind of worried for Alan's sanity to be honest.

{A/N such a short chapter ik guys ik but a lot if shit is about to happen so you can suck a dick.}