Chapter III

Tay was fast in orchestrating this double-date idea. Before I knew what was even happening she had booked the restaurant and finally told me that Alexander Gaskarth is my mystery date. I got to the school Thursday morning, one day after she came up with the idea, and she stopped me at the door the whole thing already figured out.

"Ok, so this is a fancy place. Put on a suit and nice shit okay? Alex said he would pay for dinner so there's no need to worry about that part. Also-"

"Holy shit Tay, breathe for a second!" I say trying to slow her down. She giggles but continues anyway.

"Also, Vic said he can come but I can't so, I'm sending him with my good friend Jenna McDougal, you probably don't know her but you should like her. I know I do." She finishes excitedly. I'm shocked at how fast she can talk when she really wants to.

"Uh... okay? Thank you for setting it all up, but I seriously don't want to go." I admit.

"But you said yesterday-"

"I know, but seriously... I have no time already and having a boyfriend won't help." I try to say but she has a look on her face saying you don't have a choice, Kells. So I let out a loud sigh and let her give me a tight hug. Although I don't hug her back, mostly out of annoyance and she doesn't seem to care.

__

I walked into chemistry and instantly feel wary. I think this double-date will be incredibly awkward.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" I ask Mike as I sit down next to him. Vic surprisingly let us sit next to each other this time.

"Ugh, bored to death." Mike says, looking up from his phone.

"Already!?" I ask surprised. He nods laughing that turns into a groan, collapsing onto his arms. Vic turns looking at his fake-snoring brother then up to me. I flash him a seductive smile and he chuckles shaking his head and turning back to the board.

The rest of school was a bore, I had to get Alan to show me where my French room is. Mike, Austin, Tony, and I went to Subway for lunch. Other than that, not much happened. It's now the dreaded moment I've been waiting for: The Double-Date. Fuck. I think to myself. Here comes awkward Kellin, stop one: a double date with two random strangers and an attractive guy. I think on my way to my sister's car.

"Thanks for driving me." I thank my sister coldly.

"Yeah whatever, dweeb." She says. She must take after my father in the way of insulting without fully thinking it through. Unless I'm really THAT bad.

"Where are you going dressed like a nerd?" She asks taking a quick look at me and snorting in fake laughter.

"A diner."

"With who? The president?"

"Ha ha real funny."

"Whatever dick wad. Who then? A guy?" She asks nosily poking me in my neck, it actually hurts surprisingly a lot.

"Friends." I lie. She doesn't answer and we spend the rest of the ride in silence. She drops me off at the door, and skids away towards the direction of her friend Sierra's house. I was left there in my black suit and tie, feeling more awkward and not like myself than I ever have before.

I walk into the restaurant and go to the hostess then realize I have no idea who I'm supposed to ask for. Did Tay put the reservation under her name? Mine? Vic's? Maybe even Alex's. Luckily enough Vic walked by and glanced at me, stopped and took a double-take. Then struts over to me, looking hot as fuck in his white dress shirt and red tie.

"Hellooo gorgeous." I say whistling, he either ignores me or doesn't hear what I say.

"You look a little lost." He says.