57 | ZUGZWANG

zugzwang (noun) 

a situation where every possible move or decision is a bad one, or one that will result in damage or loss. 

-

day thirty -> part three.

It was him. It was Zero.

Chase whipped around and threw his arms around Zero, embracing him with all the little strength he had left. Zero returned the hug with a small chuckle. 

Chase pulled away after what seemed like forever, and the pair turned to face the sea. 

"That note you left scared me to death," Chase admitted. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Zero apologized. "I didn't think you would find me."

Chase didn't respond. He was too mesmerized by the beauty of the sea to respond. 

"The stars really do look like they're drowning in the sea," Zero commented softly. 

Chase silently agreed and turned to face Zero, an idea striking his mind, "Hey. What are you doing here?"

Zero gave Chase a look of confusion - but then he quickly caught on. With a small smile, he whispered, "I could ask you the same thing."

Chase's heart was racing. 

"I just wanted some fresh air, I guess. Some place away from my family."

"Me too," Zero responded, his eyes never leaving Chase's.

"What's your name?" Chase finally asked, his heart seizing up in his chest. 

Zero hesitated for a moment, before he eventually let out, "Leon. My name is Leon, you are?"

And Chase's heart nearly stopped functioning. 

"Leon," he said, testing the name on his tongue with the biggest smile. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Chase."

Zero let out a soft giggle and Chase continued, "What's one thing you want the most in life?"

Zero paused. He let out a deep breath and reached his hand out to hold Chase's. 

He squeezed his hand and glanced over at Chase with those starry eyes that the latter had fallen head over heels in love with. 

"Nothing," he whispered. "I already have everything I need."

-