11 | CAFUNÉ

cafuné (noun)

running your fingers through the hair of someone you love.

-

The boys spent the rest of the night chatting away about things that were nothing far from pointless, yet they took pleasure in doing so. To them, it felt pleasant coming together as a group once again after such a long time. They felt whole again, in a way - being in the presence of each other. 

Once it was half past midnight, the group decided to split and make their way back home. Chase, however, had been left with a slight problem. Said problem, namely, was Zero - whose head was resting against Chase's shoulder. In addition to this, he had slipped so far into his slumber that no matter how many times Chase attempted to nudge him awake, he still wouldn't do so.

Thus, he waited for the rest of them to depart before shifting in his position. He placed one of his arms under the sleeping beauty's arms and his other hand below the back of his knees. He began to count mentally and at the count of three, he lifted the boy up and was surprised at how light he was. 

Zero was skinny, yes. It was obvious. Yet, Chase hadn't expected him to be that light. It was almost like carrying a little puppy. In a way, Zero did resemble a puppy. 

Chase found himself gazing down at the sleeping male and let out a breath at how peaceful and gorgeous he looked. Chase always believed that the sea was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen - but that was before he had met Zero. Zero possessed the beauty of the sea, the sky, the wind and the earth all at once - and whenever Chase looked into his eyes, he always found himself getting lost.

Maybe it was because of how his eyes resembled the ocean at midnight. 

When Zero let out a soft grunt in his sleep, Chase snapped back to reality. He cleared his throat, slightly embarrassed from having been carried so far away from the sight of his best friend. 

This was normal right? The way that his heart's hammering against his ribs mercilessly. The way that his stomach is twisting into knots. The way that he feels like he's holding the world in his arms. The way he feels like he's on top of the world - and the way in which he wishes time would freeze so he could hold him for a little longer.

It's normal for him to feel this way about his best friend, right?

-