28 | HABROMANIA

habromania (noun)

delusions of happiness. 

-

day nine.

Zero hadn't shown up to school that day either. Chase didn't question the rest of the boys about Zero's well-being, which lead to the boys being suspicious about Chase's fishy behaviour. They confronted him about it once again, however he assured them that nothing was wrong. He confessed that he had been keeping in touch with Zero and that everything was okay. 

When asked about Zero's absences, Chase simply explained that Zero was stressed out from all the schoolwork, which the boys seemed to buy. 

The entire day was spent with Chase eagerly waiting to go back home. 

When he got home, he took note of how silent the house was - and when he spotted Zero asleep on the couch with the former stray kitten in his arms, he knew why. His heart warmed up at the sight and he silently set his backpack aside. Following this, he knelt down in front of the couch, observing the male. 

He tucked a strand of stray hairs behind Zero's ear and his smile only widened at the way Zero scrunched his nose up in response. His hand trailed down to Zero's cheek slowly - it was as if his hand had grown a mind of its own. Zero, in his sleep, nuzzled his cheek against Chase's hand with a sigh of relief. 

And that was enough to send Chase's heart into overdrive. 

He pulled his hand back, snapping back to reality. He was about to get up and leave the room when he heard Zero let out a grunt in his sleep. 

"Chase?" he questioned, forcing his eyes open.

"Uh- yeah?" Chase responded awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck - silently praying that Zero hadn't felt his hand on his cheek earlier. 

"Why did you stop?" Zero inquired, doe-eyed. 

"Wha-What do you-"

Zero interrupted Chase by reaching out for his hand and placing it back against his cheek. Chase was perplexed, to say the least. He attempted to pull his hand back but Zero's fingers around Chase's wrist wouldn't let him do so.

"It feels good," Zero sighed, shutting his eyes once again. 

Chase let out a sigh of defeat and shook his head with a smile. 

He was so in love. 

-