29 | HALCYON

halcyon (adjective)

a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful. 

-

day ten.

Most of that day was spent with the pair playing around with the kitten, which they had mutually decided to refer to as "Kitty", which was incredibly original. At some point of time through the evening, they decided to give Kitty a break and took their seats beside each other on the couch. 

Chase proceeded to browse through numerous channels on the television, and clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth when nothing from what was being displayed matched his interests. He tossed the remote over to Zero, "Pick something."

"Why can't you just watch your anime?" Zero chuckled, proceeding to look through the channels. 

"I'm not in the mood today," Chase admitted. "I want to be able to do something that the both of us will enjoy."

"Is that so?" Zero questioned before switching the television off and placing the remote beside him on the couch. He turned to face Chase and brought his knees up to his chest, hugging them. "Let's talk then."

"Talk?" Chase questioned, tilting his head a little. 

"I enjoy talking to you," Zero stated. "Do you enjoy talking to me?"

"I mean- yeah, of course I do-"

"Then it's settled, let's talk."

"About what?" Chase inquired. 

This made him think about how when the pair were usually together, they would talk about anything and everything - however when they were conversing about what to talk about, neither of them could say anything. Perhaps because both of them had always been the type to go with the flow. 

"You know what? I think I'm ready," Zero concluded boldly.

"For the apocalypse?" Chase gasped.

"No, silly," Zero chuckled. "I'm ready to tell you about my name."

-