41 | NEFELIBATA

nefelibata (noun)

lit. "cloud-walker"; one who lives in the clouds of their own imagination or dreams, or one who does not obey the conventions of society, literature or art.

-

day nineteen.

Chase messed up - or so he thought.

Zero hadn't spoken to him, let alone looked at him ever since that kiss. 

If that wasn't bad enough, in class, just as Chase was about to take his usual seat next to Zero - another student came in and sat right there. To which Zero didn't show any signs of protest. 

Everything had been going so well and Chase was sure he had dragged their progress back to the very first place they had started from. 

It was finally recess and Chase had been sitting in his usual place with the rest of his friends. 

Zero was late. He showed up around ten minutes later and made an unreadable expression when his eyes met Chase's.

 "I don't think I'll eat with you guys today," Zero said, his voice just above a whisper. 

And just as he turned to leave, Chase stood up and took a hold of his wrist. 

"No. You can eat with them, I'll leave," he spoke. 

And so he did. He didn't wait for Zero's response either. He simply left the cafeteria, leaving his tray with unfinished food still on the table. 

Chase walked home alone that day.

-