52 | VELLEITIE

velleitie (noun)

a wish or a powerful desire for something that nonetheless is not or cannot be followed by actions meant to pursue it.

-

day twenty-seven -> part two.

Chase could only stare at Zero with his eyes as wide as saucers. He nearly dropped the mug he had been holding.

"Wh-What did you just-"

"I said I like you," Zero huffed, looking anywhere but into Chase's eyes. "I've.. liked you for a while now actually."

"You.. wait, I can't process this," Chase said, pinching his arm with his free hand to make sure he wasn't in some sort of realistic dream. 

"I'm getting tired of keeping my feelings bottled up all the time - and I figured that I shouldn't keep any secrets from you. You pretty much know a lot about me as it is," Zero began. "That's why I kissed you that day. I couldn't help myself.."

Chase stared at Zero, his mouth agape, unable to speak from the shock.

"I know you don't feel the same way-"

"What - no, what made you think that?" Chase said suddenly, unable to control his words. "I do like you. Geez, I've probably liked you way longer than you've liked me. Why do you think I kissed you that day, then?"

"I-" Zero began, his eyes finally meeting Chase's. "You.. like me too?"

Chase nodded sheepishly with a shy grin on his face. 

The pair remained like that for a moment, staring into each other's eyes with a silly smile on both of their faces. 

"Does this mean.. we're together now?" Zero questioned, fiddling with his fingers - a visible red tint beginning to form on his cheeks. 

Chase scratched the back of his neck, staring down at the floor, his smile only widening, "I guess it does.."

Zero let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness."

Chase raised a brow at him in confusion.

Zero continued:

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this to happen."

-