27 | GUMUSSERVI

gumusservi (noun)

moonlight shining on water.

-

day eight.

Chase had fallen asleep on the couch again that night. In the morning, whilst he was getting ready for school, he noticed how hesitant Zero looked. When asked about it, Zero revealed that he didn't want to be seen at school with his bruises. Though they had begun to heal, they were still visible. So, Chase understood completely. 

When the rest of his friends noticed that he seemed happier than usual and hadn't asked about Zero for the entire day, they ended up questioning his behaviour - to which Chase answered with a shrug. 

That night, Chase and Zero stayed up looking out the window. Their view wasn't anything remarkable, it was a simple grassland with a few dwarf trees here and there. However, neither of them were complaining because being in each other's presence made the view worth the while. 

"That day when we met," Zero began, catching Chase's attention right away. "When you saw me, you made a face."

"A face?" Chase questioned curiously. "Elaborate."

"Like you'd seen a ghost," Zero grinned. "Why was that?"

Chase let out a soft chuckle, "I think it was because of your eyes."

"My eyes?" Zero questioned with a curious glint in his oh-so-captivating eyes. "What about my eyes?"

The pair met eyes. 

"Your eyes remind me of the ocean at night."

At that, Zero tilted his head, "How?"

"You know how at night the sky is scattered with stars?"

Zero nodded.

"The reflection of the stars on the surface of the sea make the stars look like they're sinking. When I first looked into your eyes, I noticed how dark they were - and because of that, they showed the reflection of the stars as well. It looked like the stars were drowning in your eyes."

Zero faced the window once again when he felt his cheeks beginning to heat up, "That's the first time I've heard that. I always thought my eyes were boring."

"Why's that?"

"They're so.. dark. They don't become all golden like yours do under the light of the sun. Mine just remain dark."

Chase reached his hand out to ruffle Zero's hair, "That's what I like about them."

-