19 | ECCEDENTESIAST

eccedentesiast (noun)

someone who fakes a smile.

-

day two.

That day, Chase was eager to see Zero again. After having heard Zero say he did believe to some extent that Chase was capable of dragging him out of his depression, he was ecstatic and that boosted his determination. 

For that purpose, he went to school extra early that day and showed up before anyone else. He spent the next hour waiting patiently beside Zero's lockers. He watched the students pour into the halls, some walking alongside their friends or lovers while others roamed the halls by themselves. The sight kept him occupied for a little while before he felt a hand on his shoulder. 

Assuming that it was Zero, he turned to face the individual almost immediately. However, he was disappointed when he realized that it definitely wasn't whom he had thought it was. 

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" he questioned, trying to play off the disappointment. 

"You don't look too happy to see us, what's up?" Oliver chuckled. 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it. I was just waiting for Zero."

"Zero?" Tyler questioned, tilting his head. "Ah, your lover."

"He's not, shut up," Chase protested, rolling his eyes.

"You guys seem awfully close these days," Jason said with the corners of his lips turned upward. "I won't question it. But, we should probably get going now. Class is about to begin."

"Zero is late again I guess," Tyler sighed. "Come on guys, let's go."

Chase sighed with disappointment before following the rest of his friends to their first class.

Zero never showed up at school that day.

-