49 | SAUDADE

saudade (noun) 

a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone that is distant, or that has been loved and then lost; "the love that remains".

-

day twenty-five.

Chase didn't get a wink of sleep the night before. He simply sat on the couch with his fingers brushing against his own lips. The lingering feeling of Zero's lips on his still remained. 

Zero didn't leave the room that day, so Chase went to school by himself.

In class, he suddenly remembered that Zero had taken his phone with him to the room, so he attempted to text him. He sent him a simple message along the lines of: 'I'm not at home so you don't have to contemplate on whether you should leave your room or not. Breakfast is on the table in the kitchen. I'm sorry if I did anything wrong.'

Zero left him on seen.

He sent him numerous texts throughout the day, apologizing over and over again. Yet each and every single time, Zero didn't respond. 

The rest of the boys were worried about Chase since he seemed so down throughout the entire day - yet he assured them that everything was okay. Even if it truly was far from okay. 

That night, Chase laid on the couch whilst holding Kitty in his arms. 

And - he felt pathetic for having done so - but, he ranted to Kitty about his problems. Because nobody else was would understand. Yet, would a kitten really understand?

He fell into a deep slumber with Kitty cuddled up in his arms. 

The house was dead silent and menacingly dark. The only source of light was the beam of moonlight pouring in through the blinds of the window in the living room. 

One could barely hear the sounds of the cricket that night. 

And there, on the table in the kitchen, was an untouched plate of food. 

-