The talk

" Sirius Black." You sighed, almost sounding disgusted by his presence, which wasn't the case. He leaned off the wall and placed both hands in his pockets walking towards you. " You don't sound too happy to see me." He smirked, looking down at your shorter figure. 

" Am I supposed to be happy?" You asked, responding with the same cockiness as him. 

Sirius chuckled and placed a strand of his loose hair behind his ear. " As a matter of fact: you should be delighted to be in my presence, it's an honor, after all." Sirius responded. 

" Damn, for a second I forgot how self absorbed you are." You said, beginning to walk towards the Slytherin common room like you had planned to. It wasn't long before you heard footsteps jogging behind you, and Sirius was now walking next to you, both hands in his pockets once more. 

" Yes? Can I help you?" You asked, not looking at him. 

" Just felt like walking." He replied. 

" Okay, good for you. Why here though? There's better hallways to walk down in Hogwarts, like the one leading to your common room, or the Great Hall, or actually, anywhere else than the dungeons." You commented playfully, though it didn't sound like it. 

" Rude much?" Sirius chuckled. 

You shrugged, " that's just how I roll, Black. Get used to it. No- actually, don't get used to it, that means you'll be sticking around longer." 

Sirius rolled his eyes. " And the problem with that is?.." You stopped in your tracks, turning to look at him. " I... don't know?" You mumbled and continued walking. " I'm impressed, Black. You've managed to leave me without an answer." You added. 

" You mean, I left you speechless with my breathtaking looks and fantastic personality?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows and grinned. 

You kept on walking but turned to look at him with a face that had 'seriously?' written all over the expression, of course, you wouldn't say it, not wanting to hear his name joke once again. " Right... Of course." You sighed sarcastically. " Isn't it dinner time? Shouldn't you be with your other 'Marauder' friends?" 

" Yes, it's still dinner time. And no, I don't have to be with them. And how do you know who I hang out with? Do you stare at me during meals? I wouldn't be surprised." Sirius joked arrogantly. 

" It's a little difficult- rather impossible not to notice you and your friend group. You four are awfully loud." You responded with ease. " And no, I've got better things to do than look at you fool around during meal time, Sirius Black."

" How unfortunate. I would've loved to know you do look at me whenever you get the chance." He sighed dramatically. 

At the comment, you swiftly looked to the opposite side of him, feeling your cheeks warm up. Oh, come on (y/n)! Even the slightest thing he says makes you nervous?! Stop acting like this and get it together! You scowled to yourself before fixing your posture. " I bet you would. Unfortunate indeed." You smiled with false innocence. 

" (l/n), you are such a confusing mystery." He said lightly. 

You stopped walking and turned to look at Sirius, he had done the same. " Pardon? What was that?" You asked, even if you had heard what he said, you didn't get why he'd said it.

" Well yes. What I mean is... you're so perplexing. I mean, only earlier today during potions, we acted like super good friends- of course, not best friends, cause Prongs would be angry but, that's not the point... and now I'm rambling, aren't I?" He face palmed slightly. 

You chuckled and shook your head. " Yep. You're rambling. But continue."

" Alright. Well, as I said, we were cool a couple hours ago, and now you're back to being sarcastic and, dare I say: rude. It's bizarre, but I find you oddly intriguing." Sirius finished. And how am I supposed to answer to that? You sighed mentally.