Laurier Chateau

The day finally came. After a whole week of waiting in the dull (l/n) estate, the time had arrived for you to leave the place for the rest of summer, and you'd do it more than gladly without a second thought.

You paced around your room impatiently, looking out the large window every few minutes, in hopes to see a carriage with the Black family's crest on it. There was nothing to do in the meantime. There had been nothing to do and no one to talk to for the whole week. 

Mildred had left at the beginning of summer to the Laurier Chateau, the family manor in the north of France to prepare for you and Regulus' arrival, and Claude along with the other butlers weren't a talkative bunch. 

You sighed and plopped onto your comfortable bed, looking at the curtained canopy. Regulus, you better hurry up and get here before I get bored enough to attempt summoning a demon from the seventh ring of hell.

A soft knock came at the door of your room after a few minutes of you laying on your back mindlessly, and you darted up at the speed of light. "Miss (y/n)," Claude's voice called out as he opened the door. "Mr. Regulus Black has arrived."

You grinned from ear to ear and nodded, barely holding in your excitement. "What are we waiting for, Claude? Let's go," you managed to say in a decent tone as you hurried out of your room, the butler following behind. 

You had rarely gone down the grand staircase of the entrance so fast, especially without tripping, but of course, you couldn't afford to miss a step in front of your best friend, who would probably make fun of you for weeks.

Regulus stood near the large doors of the estate, dressed in a fancy summer attire, just like you. "Regulus," you exclaimed, standing a few feet away from him. "Did we secretly agree to match our outfits?"

"I'm afraid not," he replied in the same posh manner. "Great minds think alike, do they not?"

"I must agree," you nodded with a smile. "Now then, shall we get going? I've been impatiently waiting for our summer to begin."

"As have I," Regulus hummed, walking out the door which Claude had opened. 

To get to France, you'd be going in a carriage provided by the Black family, which could be considered a fair trade. The (l/n)'s would provide the manor, and the Black's the transportation. Claude and Regulus' butler would be going along with the two of you, in the roofed driver's seat to leave the two of you privacy to talk and enjoy the long journey to your destination.

When the doors of the carriage closed, you and Regulus looked at each other for a moment before letting out a breath, followed by some laughter. "Finally, I can drop the act," you said, loosening the bolo tie with the family crest -a very dark green laurel wreath and a similarly colored serpent making its way around it, with its face coming through the middle with the mouth wide open- on it.

"I love hearing when you sound so fancy, (y/n)," Regulus smirked. "It gives me a good inner laugh."

"Glad to hear you're amused," you rolled your eyes. "Let me tell you that you sound no different than me, Regs."

"Fair enough," he leaned back against the cushioned bench of the carriage compartment. "Was it really necessary to talk like that, though? Your parents aren't even at the estate, am I right?"

"It's a force of habit," you shrugged. "And you're correct. They left for Canada a few days ago. Something about expanding business over there. I don't know, I didn't really pay any interest to that."

"Shouldn't you?" Regulus asked as the carriage left the estate grounds, preparing to ascend after it'd become invisible. "It's going to be your last year after summer. Wouldn't it be time for you to take interest in the (l/n) business?"