A room that comes and goes

"I'm here for you, of course." His voice slightly echoed in the empty hall as he leaned off the wall he had previously been resting on. "How'd you know I was here?"

Your gaze followed Sirius' figure as he got rid of the concept of personal space, standing close to you. "You breathe quite loudly and it smells like your perfume." 

"Oh?" Sirius hummed suggestively. "Didn't think you'd be the type to recognize my scent, love."

"Don't word it like that. I'm not a dog like you," you cleared your throat and covered your face with one hand out of embarrassment. 

"Now it's you who's worded it wrongly," he sighed with a frown. "What if someone heard? What would they think about that?"

"They'd think you're some type of pervert." A smirk tugged your lips at your petty comments that seemed to either get on Sirius' nerves or interest him even more.

"Hey! That's rude," he sneered and turned on his heel, taking a few steps away from you before looking over his shoulder. "And to think I was kindly going to offer my services to you..."

"That sentence without context does make you sound like a pervert though." You crossed your arms and raised an eyebrow, closing the distance between the two of you once again. "...But what services are we talking about?"

Sirius' annoyed expression slowly turned into a mischievous one as he turned around, inching his face towards yours. "Depends what you have in mind."

"Massage."

He suddenly stopped approaching you and raised an eyebrow. His face didn't show whether he was displeased or intrigued with your answer. "Did you get hurt during the match?" he asked, delicately placing his hands on your shoulders.

"No, I'm just tired and my body hurts." You shook your head and smiled at his concern.

"Good. I was worried that I hadn't noticed if you had," Sirius sighed and brushed his hair back. "A massage huh? Well, who am I to decline such an alluring suggestion."

Without another word, he crouched and slipped his arms under your knees and around your back, carrying you. "Hey, HEY! Put me down!" you gasped, trying to free yourself from his grasp. "I'm heavy. You'll be the one needing an arm massage!"

"Oh please, love, I'm a Quidditch beater. This is nothing." Sirius grinned at you as he started walking down the hall. "If your body hurts, I'll carry you."

You hid your face in your hands as you let him have his way, too embarrassed to even reply. Peaking between your fingers, you stared at Sirius, who had his eyes focused straight ahead and had an overall cool demeanor, but you didn't fail to notice how red his ears were.

"Your heart's beating awfully fast, (y/n)," he said, looking down at you. 

"...Well that's because you do something like this without warning, how do you expect me to react?" you mumbled, pulling the collar of your shirt slightly. "And I could say the same thing about yours!"

Sirius laughed and blew a strand of his hair away from his eyes. "I love when you get flustered, (y/n). It's very amusing."

"I'm very glad you find it funny." You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms as Sirius stepped into the empty Grand Staircase tower, catching one of them before it moved to a different location. "Where are you taking me? This staircase doesn't lead to either of our common rooms."

"That's a surprise," he hummed contently as he got onto another set of staircases that led to the highest floor. "You'll see when we get there."

☆☆☆